W203 door seal noise.

Rich-J

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate '04
Noticed more and more that you get the feeling the door isn't closed correctly or the window is down but they are fine so only thing I can think of is the aerodynamics are really poor and you get wind noise in the cabin area or door seals need replacing.

Only happens at speed i.e. motorway and main road.

Just wondering if anyone had any experiance of the above and where you can get them from without going MB and paying a fortune.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I too have begun to notice increased wind noise from the drivers door. Not noticeable in the passenger side..

I was advised that the remedy would be to ease the top half of the door inward, not something I am going to try myself!

The door seals appear fine, so it may well be the door needs slight adjustment

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Use a piece of thin card, and try it all round the door seal to check that the seal is making contact. Or when driving have a duster in the car and move it around the door at the top, if the wind noise changes, then you have found where the problem is

OP
R

Rich-J

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate '04
Its only the passengers door and door seal appears intact but will try that and see what happens, any ideas of a 3rd party supplier that may make them?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You should not need any parts,,it is only a matter of adjusting the top of the door

OP
R

Rich-J

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate '04
Whats the best method for doing that Malcolm?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No one likes the way you fix it. First you must establish where the problem is, by running a thin card around the door and the seal, you could test the door from the outside by pressing the top inwards, compare this to the other doors. if the top of door is not pressing tight against the seal then,

Wind down the window , put your knee at the top of the door liner and pull the top inwards, only a touch as it is quite springy

OP
R

Rich-J

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi estate '04
What ppl do when their cars get broke into via the door and bend it back lol, will test 1st. lol

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thats it but the other way, but only a little,,do test by hand first to see if you can push it in at the top, If you cannot, do not try

Top Bottom