W203 spare wheel carrier bolt

paulca

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi 2.2 2004 OM-646 722.699
Does anyone know what size bolt is required for the spare wheel clamp on a W203 saloon ? Had an annoying rattle from the rear end so decided to get under and see what's going on. When I went to get the jack out I discovered there's no carrier bolt so the whole lot is just rattling around.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
unless they changed on the 2004 cars, compared to the 2001 version i had, the spare wheel etc is all held down by the big plastic 'tray' that sits inside the spare wheel/ there should be a part clipped into the well 'floor' and a threaded 'bolt' on the bottom of the tray and the tray should just rotate and screw down. often they get overtightened which pops the 'nut' clip thing out of the part it sits in in the well floor and doesnt hold it.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom