1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W203 windscreen scuttle / drains

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by dmolyneux, Dec 21, 2012.

1. dmolyneux

dmolyneux New Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220/2006
    Hello,

I have W203 right hand drive and have a query about the windscreen plastic water scuttle at foot of the front windscreen.

Does this usually have a hole for drainage in the far left corner, just left of the wiper or not? This would runoff under the bonnet basically.

I seem to have issues with water ingress and the screen was replaced last year due to collision with a pheasant. I am wondering if the scuttle was damaged on removal or something. Its hard to tell whether the hole that is there is by design or damage. There is certainly no hose attached.

There also seems to be a rubber seal missing from this area too as on the opposite battery side there is a clipped on seal to ensure screen run off is diverted into the scuttle.

Any info would be most welcomed.

Thanks,
    Dave

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    You have the drains 190 and 200

[​IMG]

3. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    If water is in the passenger foot well the heater box drain could be blocked.430

There are some 203 cars around where a weld was not done in the passenger side scuttle area

[​IMG]

4. OP
    dmolyneux

dmolyneux New Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220/2006
    Based on that then, I think the scuttle has been damaged :-(

It has another hole as I said to the left of the drivers side wiper which is about an inch wide. Think I am gonna look to try and block this up temporarily with something to see how things go.

Thanks
    David.