W204 250cdi vibration between 1500-1800rpm under load?

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250cdi AMG sport plus estate 2012
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I’ve searched through some posts and hopefully you can give me some ideas.
I’m getting a slight vibration under load coming in at 1500rpm and disappearing at 1800ish rpm. Typically it will happen on the motorway while gaining speed back to 70mph if you have slowed to 60ish while staying in 7th gear. It also happens around town but not when pottering on fairly level roads. You will feel it on hillls as it passes through this rev range. The car is a face lift 2012 C250cdi with 76000 miles.
It’s already had a torque converter under warranty. I had the engine and gearbox mounts done by an independent but they were not genuine Mercedes items. I think they are lemforder.

Does anyone have any ideas where to look next or should I have fitted genuine mounts. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
At first glance Sounds like engine or gearbox mounts but Lemforder are fine and as you say recently replaced...
Exhaust worth checking

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Did they readapt the torque converter?

OP
Botsy8

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did they readapt the torque converter?

It was done by the supplying Mercedes dealership so I’m hoping so. I’ll ask the question though.

I might just have to wait until it gets a bit worse but it can be annoying on the motorway!

OP
Botsy8

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Whereabouts are you feeling the vibration, steering, floor, pedal?

You feel it through the chassis into the seat and not through the steering.

OP
Botsy8

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Prop shaft?

Peter

Mercedes say they checked that as I’d read about it somewhere on the forum and mentioned it. Thx.

OP
Botsy8

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just a quick update to this story. I’ve just had the aftermarket engine mounts replaced with gen parts and the problem has gone completely!! It just shows that in some case gen far out ways the saving of spurious parts!! Lesson learnt!!

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Surprising as Lemforder is probably OEM.

Should have a thread really with certain items you absolutely must replace with genuine.

With VW top mounts some are OEM Lemforder supplied by ECP with the VW part # scratched out .

OP
Botsy8

Botsy8

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Surprising as Lemforder is probably OEM.

Should have a thread really with certain items you absolutely must replace with genuine.

With VW top mounts some are OEM Lemforder supplied by ECP with the VW part # scratched out .

I’m away at the moment but have my doubts on them being lemforder. They are not stamped anywhere but the question will be asked at the garage on Tuesday when I slap them on his desk!!

The genuine mounts were fitted by Mercedes.

moj91

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d-T, W204 C250CDI-T, W220 S320CDI (AMG Kit), W168 A170CDI, W210&W124 OM606...
If they are Lemforder, it is possible they are duff... i've seen and heard of a number of lemforder parts not being up to their 'usual' quality recently...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom