W204 Coupe DAB stop working

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
It's not just your car that is having DAB issues, my van & car both have SONY DAB bluetooth units installed and periodically they both lose the "ability" to find digital stations.

I rather think it is a network problem as we only have one DAB transmitter up here.

However, a re-tune has everything singing again.

It is annoying though :x

Its the car dude, :( did u watch the YouTube video I posted up?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Ah man, just been man raped! cost me £289.... all they did was plug it in, and did a software update!

I bet this software update removes the three year updates for maps, and speed monitoring thnggy!!!! :(

They certainly know how to charge for 1 hour at the very most to do this, shocking when it is not your fault.

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
its very shocking, I think I will behave like a little kid tomorrow when I pick up the car.... lets see what money they knock off

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Ah man, just been man raped! cost me £289.... all they did was plug it in, and did a software update!

I bet this software update removes the three year updates for maps, and speed monitoring thnggy!!!! :(

If you have three years of map updates then you still have a warranty too. Therefore this shouldnt cost you anything.

A software update will not remove the free map updates nor will it affect any other options the car has.

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
So, after being man raped at my local MB garage paying £280 for some D!ck plugging the car into MB Star the DAB didn't do its "Device Unavailable" thinggy on my way back to work... however on my way home it did it few times and I got ****ed off and used FM bandwave which I found very boring!

Today the DAB behaved it self like a good boy! so keeping my figures crossed... if it does it again I will demand MB to fix it rather than plugging it in all the time...

My questions is :) does anyone know if the DAB module a plug in for the Online command stereo or is it built into the unit?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is a plug in, Yesterday morning was shocking for DAB reception, all to do with the the prevailing ionosphere conditions. The DAB should still be displayed, even if stations are poor..

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
however on my way home it did it few times and I got ****ed off and used FM bandwave which I found very boring!

I would be straight back to the dealer asking a proper fix and a refund on your money as obviously they have charged you for something that didn't need doing, if they refuse contact your bank

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Yes your right with this Malcolm, the stations are still there... but the physical unit looses all the stations and cries that no station and resets (like shown on my YouTunbe page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NxPL4qyMcI

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes as said in the display "device not available" so update no good.

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
I've email the service manager at the dealer with my YouTube video link asking him to watch it and see where it goes wrong.

I will take your advice Jbell

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
WOW.... look the service manager responded back....

Hi,

Thank you for your email,

Let me start by apologising for not having this issue resolved at your last visit, rest assured that you will get a full refund for the work you paid for which has not resolved the issue,

What I will need to do is look into what other possible causes there are for this and then we can get our heads together and arrange to get the issue resolved,

I will send a technical query to MB technical department and when I get a response I will be in touch to arrange all of the above,

Apologies again,

Regards,

Stuart Nelder

Service Team Manager

Mercedes-Benz Brentford
Great West Road
Brentford
Middlesex
TW8 9AH
Tel: 0208 560 2151

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is the 3rd one on here in 3 weeks with the same fault.

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Its not good Malcolm... sad times LOL

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes! You have to love em or you wouldn't bother eh?;)

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
yeah thing was that i wasn't going to bother un-till the whole unit fails then I'll take it in... but its getting annoying now.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Sunny, have you tried tuning to a better station like Radio2 ? :):):)

Sorry I'll get me coat!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
So, after being man raped at my local MB garage paying £280 for some D!ck plugging the car into MB Star the DAB didn't do its "Device Unavailable" thinggy on my way back to work... however on my way home it did it few times and I got ****ed off and used FM bandwave which I found very boring!

Today the DAB behaved it self like a good boy! so keeping my figures crossed... if it does it again I will demand MB to fix it rather than plugging it in all the time...

My questions is :) does anyone know if the DAB module a plug in for the Online command stereo or is it built into the unit?

Okay, lets clear something up here;

The DAB module is a separate device on the cars fibre optic bus. It has its own power and antenna connections. It is bolted in place and isnt just a 'plug in'.

There is a known issue with DAB modules exhibiting the exact behaviour you are seeing. We have seen it here on our W166 ML63 and W176 A220. It hasnt happened on my NTG 2.5 DAB though.

We applied the latest firmware updates to the W176 and it didnt fix the issue. So we have raised a technical query with MB. I would imagine that a number of dealers have/are doing the same thing. Im sure that a firmware release will be issued soon as usually Mercedes are good at resolving these sort of issues (in my experience anyway). As soon as I know more I will report back.

OP
SunnyDee

SunnyDee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 W204 Petrol Coupé
Fanks Alfie, is my command a NTG 2.5?

That was the answer I was looking for "The DAB module is a separate device on the cars fibre optic bus. It has its own power and antenna connections. It is bolted in place and isnt just a 'plug in'"

Andy, it happens to all stations lol

Top Bottom