W204 Facelift c250d Oil / Transmission Cooler Leak (Photos)

Titansilver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C220d CDI Auto
This is a 204.202? C220 CDI BlueEfficiency? It seems that in 2011, the transmission in the W204 was changed from the 5G-TRONIC to the 7G-TRONIC-Plus, along with a new style of transmission oil cooler, as per your photo.

Maybe this screenshot from the EPC will help with part numbers for O rings, gaskets, pipework, etc.
Thanks @michaelgmurphy - your screenshot from EPC is very helpful. I have ordered a pair of part #33 on that diagram - the couplers. They come with new o-rings attached. I'm getting my local mechanic to fit them when the car is in for its oil and filter change next week.

@Darkmagi , I was at the Mercedes Parts desk today. They did not have the 1 Litre top up bottles of transmission fluid, only a large 5 litre bottle. They asked if I wanted the red or the greenish blue fluid? Pretty sure the fluid pooling on top of my oil cooler is the greenish blue one. I'm assuming the red and greenish blue fluids shouldn't be mixed? Is the W204 fussy about the type of transmission fluid it uses? Could generic fluid from Halfords be used for toppping up?

T

David White

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 Bluetec S212 2013
View attachment 48401 View attachment 48402 View attachment 48403

Hello guys, its been a while. Ive searched all over for info on this but I cant find much (relating to my type of cooler )

The car is a w204 facelift c250 cdi (om651 engine I believe )

There is a trickle leak from the oil cooler - the hoses that connect to the cooler at the top (there are 4)
I know this as you will see in the photos - oil sits on the oil cooler itself.

I cleaned this up and it seemed to have gone away but its back now or perhaps I didnt notice it as much.
It was there 6K miles ago (slight trickle) when I bought the car.

Im wondering if anyone knows about this type of cooler and if a renewal of the seals would be sufficient enough to resolve?

Thanks in advance

Thanks @michaelgmurphy - your screenshot from EPC is very helpful. I have ordered a pair of part #33 on that diagram - the couplers. They come with new o-rings attached. I'm getting my local mechanic to fit them when the car is in for its oil and filter change next week.

@Darkmagi , I was at the Mercedes Parts desk today. They did not have the 1 Litre top up bottles of transmission fluid, only a large 5 litre bottle. They asked if I wanted the red or the greenish blue fluid? Pretty sure the fluid pooling on top of my oil cooler is the greenish blue one. I'm assuming the red and greenish blue fluids shouldn't be mixed? Is the W204 fussy about the type of transmission fluid it uses? Could generic fluid from Halfords be used for toppping up?

T

did replacing the coupling work? I have the same issue and was thinking of changing the cooler untill i saw your post

TIA

Dave

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom