W205 in a W204?

Judwin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/2013/M274
Hi,
Had my car about a week now, but I just can't get comfortable in the drivers seat. It's a W204/S204 "SE" Spec, so only has the simple seats - no memory, heating, fans, massage nuffink. Just electrical recline and up/down, and a big round knob for seat base tilt. The basic problem is I'm 6'7", so I need the seat quite low down. My legs go up under the steering wheel Ok (with it fully up and pulled out), but the seat base won't tilt up enough to give any thigh support, so I'm sat on the bones of my ar5e. I kind of need the F-16 style 30 degree raked seat.

So then I see these on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124928438507
s-l500.jpg

They appear to have a kind of slide out section at the front that I'd like to give a try. Which leads to a number of questions.

1) Are these likely to have the same seat base fixing points?
2) Chances of the electrics being plug and pray?
3) perhaps just transfer the seat base from the W205 to the W204 frame?

I know the real answer would have been to buy something that fits in the first place, but this car is so close to what I wanted I can spend some money on it to get it exactly where I want.
Cheers
Judwin

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom