w207 cabriolet roll bars deployed, how to reset?

jctradingukltd

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w207 cabriolet
I have a 2011 w207 cabriolet which i have just repaired after an accident, the roll bars have shot up in the rear headrests when the airbags have deployed, can anyone give any advice on how to get these things back down? been on it all day with no luck, cheers:mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Was your car involved in a bump, or did it just pop up like when going over a speed hump too quickly

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Can you please pop up the first 8 VIN number characters

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sorry to say nothing in WIS on this so it will all be on STAR and only done on STAR, you will need a good indie to get any further on this problem.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will try again,, I have the Mercedes workshop information systems on my computer, there is nothing listed to help with this fault. The indies and dealers have whats known as STAR, the Mercedes diagnostic kit to find and rectify faults, this will be needed to know what is wrong and to be able to reset the roll bar again.

Charliedavid

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class
Hi I have done mine today they can not be reset they have little sliver activating charge things that once been activated they have to be replaced an to get to them isn't easy at all you have to go in through the boot remove carpet behind the seats then there Are small access holes that you can get to them from 1 either side it's tricky but you can change them and problem solved I forgo to mention you do need to remove rear seats as there it a small access hole below head rests with which you will need to turn the bolt to the right an hold it there while you push the roll over bars back down once you have changed the sliver actuators hope this helps !!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom