W207 control arms, ball joints and bushes

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Hi all,
With an imminent MOT looming and knowing that one of the ball joints was damaged on drivers side, I bought a replacement control arm (upper) and replaced said arm. Tapping noises and clunky steering much better.
However, at approx 45-55mph on a sweeping long left bend the car develops a severe vibration/wobble/oscillation when the driver side wheel is ‘loaded’ through the bend. Back up on the ramps and there is a fair amount of movement at the old control arm bush - so I changed it. Had the car tracking adjusted - same violent wobble at said speed?
Tried different wheels - no joy.
Any ideas?

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Is this on a C207 coupe . ?? Does the arm in question need the bush bolt tightened with the wheels on the ground , so as not to pre tension the bush rubber ??

Are your wheels aftermarket or genuine mb ?

OP
Frosty149

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Genuine MB wheels ( I am fortunate to have both 19” & 18” sets and the issue is same with either).
I fitted both arms with the car on ramps and jacked the hub in question up until the car just lifted to ‘pre-load’ as you describe.
Test drove the car again today only @50+mph when the wheel is loaded with extra force ie cornering or braking on the wheel in question?

OP
Frosty149

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class coupe 350 Bluetec c207

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom