1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w209, how to remove w5w parking lights from holder

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Dazkeirle, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Dazkeirle

Dazkeirle New Member

Your Mercedes:
    W209 clk 220 cdi
    OK hopefully this is a really simply one...

I have purchased some LED replacements for my parking lights, I have located said lights and have been able to remove them from within the light unit, but I'm at a loss as to how to get the bulbs out.

They appear too stiff to just pull, and either side of the holder appears almost like an arm with a little nubbin, which looks like it needs to be pulled back, like it's fitting into a grove maybe (Which my replacements dont even appear to have). but I'm at a loss as to how the hell I pull each of these back and pull the bulb out?

Is there a knack?

I'm also at a loss as to how the hell I'm supposed to change the full beam and parking light on the drivers side, is it just going to be a case of contortion to do it in the 2" of room given, do I need to pay a child or particularly spindly person? Do I need a special german robot? (I have a feeling it is a case of contortion and hope the skin grows back).

Have MB made it so you can;t actually change you own bulbs? Poor show...

Any answers are worth 1 point, the right one worth 10, 15 if it's witty.