W210/E320 Saloon Power Window fault.

wahfu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/E320
My L.H. rear power window when opened just now made a lot of strange noises. Seems that the internal mechanisms have failed. Problem is that it has failed in the fully open position and it is Saturday here in Queensland Australia with most local workshops closed. The door is fitted with an airbag. I want to get inside the door to manually position and jam the window closed with a wedge or whatever it takes and am not concerned with a total fix right now but just to get the window closed for security purpose. I have guardedly unclipped the lower half of the internal door panel and removed a Phillips head screw about dead centre but cannot see how the panel detaches at the top of the door. Seeing that England is doing so well in the 2nd test at Lord's would anyone have any help on this one? Rather urgent.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Details sent on how to get it off :D:D:D

OP
wahfu

wahfu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/E320
W210 Avantgarde Power window failure

Thanks Malcolm but what I need is how to remove the inner door liner on the rear LH or near side passenger door. My car is an avantgarde saloon. The attachment that you have sent me is for the rear door of the W210 estate.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
i think they are more or less the same! doors appeat to be similar shape, only the window aperture is different to my knowledge. however its a friday night and ive been out so dont take that as gospel please! as for it being an avantgarde, that makes no difference at all!

OP
wahfu

wahfu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/E320
Got it sorted thanks to all! I found an excellent post from Winnie detailing exactly what I was looking for. Just to get the door inner liner off! Of course once inside I had to drill out 4 pop rivets to remove the carousel which had a broken plastic up-drive clip which attaches to the cable drive mechanism. That is now the 3rd window to fail because of the same design fault. Previous failures were RH drivers, RH rear passenger and now the LH rear passenger windows. Car is nearly nine years old but only 76,000 kms. Plastic gets a bit brittle with age I guess.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom