W210 E320CDI Electric Mirrors

Gruffy

Reaction score
When folding my electric mirrors in or out the drivers door mirror takes a lot longer than the passenger door mirror. It appears to struggle whilst doing this. Is this something i can lubricate, or will i need to replace the motor? Either way does anybody have any documentation on how to take this apart?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Its a common problem. I used some WD40 lubricant type spray and dowsed the interior of the mirror mechanism through the gap when the mirror is folded. Worked it back and forth for a few mins and it was fine from there on.
Mine was so bad that it wouldn't actually make it to fully folded and needed a hand to open again, but this revived it.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom