W210 key won't turn. Eis maybe??

Tommyg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e200
Woke up this morning and the key won't turn in the barrel. The steering lock disengages the dash lights up but the key won't turn.
I've disconnected battery, checked fuses and clean the sensors. Ive tried all 3 keys I got with the car none of them work.

Anyone got any ideas. Ive got a feeling its the eis. I'm not ready to stump up the mammoth bill ive been quoted it will be a write off if I cant find a cheaper option.

Thanks in advance.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Does sound like the ES has a fault. Is there anyone who can diagnose it for you with STAR preferably? Would be a shame to scrap a an otherwise working W210 due to a fault like this.

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
stupid point really, suspect you checked. Is gearbox in park ? or neutral (if manual).
Could be something to do with gear selection lever .

Just a guess

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Yes, do try and push it into Park more firmly and see if this changes.

Otherwise, I would suspect a fault with the EIS

OP
T

Tommyg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes e200
So something strange just happened. Just sprung into life. Loads of faults reading tho. Abs bas ect. Ive left it ticking over for a bit and it seems to be fine now. Gunna take it to the garage tomorrow see what faults it reads. Its like some one has disconnected the battery.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom