W210 ticking noise

lyndonri

Reaction score
Long time no posting! In my case that's a good thing as it's only when I have a problem usually!

I have a ticking noise coming from the area around the offside front. It is there all the time -- when the car is parked, moving, on or off. It is ticking about once every two or three seconds.

Before I spend hours trying to locate it, can anyone suggest what it might be (and a solution if possible!)

Thanks
Lyndon

OP
lyndonri

lyndonri

Reaction score
Nah, it's there when stationary and turned off!

LYNALL

Reaction score
ABS block? have you get engine preheater fitted?

Lynall

OP
lyndonri

lyndonri

Reaction score
Not that I am aware of. I have had the car for three years and as far as I am aware it is standard spec

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
Have same sound and I believe its associated with diesel models. Been there as long as I have the car....9 years.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom