w210

jeffn

Reaction score
I have just brought a w210, and looking on here see they have a rust problem, its a 98s e200, and has slight rust around the front wings under the head lights and paint off the rear arches, whats the recourse with MB regarding this, its full MB history upto the last service, with 120k on the clock, thanks for the replys.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Just take it to the dealer and ask them to inspect it. Sone things will be covered though I'm not sure your headlight area will. That is probably down to untreated stone chips as its not a known area. Worth a go though.

piestore

Reaction score
rust

HI

new purchase cars are often rejetced by MB good will claims as you bought the car (possibly cheap ) knowing its present condition, to the take it to the dealer and expect MB to put it right is unreasonable. As agianst the man that buys the car from the dealer and has it serviced there for six years and then finds corrosion' both the dealer and MB are obliged to contribute to the repairs of a vehicl of a loyal customer.

OP
J

jeffn

Reaction score
Not looking for something for nothing, just the build quality, purchased the car privately for a tad under 5k, knowing nothing about rust problems, own 4 other MB's all older ranging from a 79 107sl sports to 2 126 s classes, & a 190, dispite being considerably older, none of them have the rust in them like this 210, & I am just waiting to see how my wifes c class starts to look in the future.

I think that after looking at whats on here and sadly now owning an E class, I belive MB cornered the market then dropped the build quality, came well unstuck now cant backpeddle, because of the amonts of claims, poor show chaps.

I would love them to offer a contribution to correct the rust, on a car 7 years old, 120k with FSH, then I will sell it and buy BMW, as if this is Mercedes standard, people may be better off with a BMW as I have not seen a 98 BMW with rust like this e class, (I am scared to lean on it in case I fall through it) and there are a lot of other e class owners who may feel the same!!

Mr Mercedes look on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyps

Reaction score
You will find mercedes will do this if car is under 8 yrs for the bodywork and 10 yrs for structure so check your front crossmember too

These were the words i was told from mercedes bodyshop manager in glasgow

OP
J

jeffn

Reaction score
rust

Have an appointment @ MB for an inspection tommorow, will post further info when I have some to offer, meanwhile thanks for the replys.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom