W211 Brakes & Tyres Cost ?

124coupe

Reaction score
They will not be genuine Mercedes parts so I won't fit them. I put the tyre sizes in the original post 245x45x17

Nick's parts, where marked as such, ARE genuine Merc parts - he just doesn't make 100% like the dealers do...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Nick's parts, where marked as such, ARE genuine Merc parts - he just doesn't make 100% like the dealers do...

Absolutely he does not have one thing that is not genuine MB parts all at ½ price, why pay more

124coupe

Reaction score
If you feel you must get the brake parts from a dealer (not sure why?), the online Inchape Oxford website has 10% off and a 10% rebate in July - so you pay 100%x90%x90% = 81% of list (Merc will not let them offer more than 10% off as a headline number!.....instead of c. 50% for exactly the same items via Nick.

With your facelift car (no SBC), the fitting is an utter doddle.

My guess is the Merc dealer wants the open market value of your left kidney for the work (but will wash the car).

(Bizarrely you may find their tyre prices are competitive!)

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
If you feel you must get the brake parts from a dealer (not sure why?), the online Inchape Oxford website has 10% off and a 10% rebate in July - so you pay 100%x90%x90% = 81% of list (Merc will not let them offer more than 10% off as a headline number!.....instead of c. 50% for exactly the same items via Nick.

With your facelift car (no SBC), the fitting is an utter doddle.

My guess is the Merc dealer wants the open market value of your left kidney for the work (but will wash the car).

(Bizarrely you may find their tyre prices are competitive!)
I was after prices, I didn't realise that the parts were genuine.
Fitting maybe a doodle however with a drive at 25degrees jacking the car up isn't :(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fitting maybe a doodle however with a drive at 25degrees jacking the car up isn't :(

So you have a drive like mine :D,, I can only check fluid levels in the garage,, jacking is difficult, but possible, but the element of risc is always there

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

Well Russell, you're welcome to use mine and I'll even lend a hand - it will be good experience as my pads can't be far behind.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well Russell, you're welcome to use mine and I'll even lend a hand - it will be good experience as my pads can't be far behind.

I do not think that blobcat want to do it on his Jack;):D

OP
Blobcat

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Thanks for the kind offer, I've now had them done and the brakes and the main dealer in Huddersfield had the work.

£239.00 all in for the 2 tyres
£409.53 all in for the front pads/discs and rear pads

They collected and dropped off as well as the usual wash and vacuum and apologised as when they came to bring it back the glow plug warning light came back on but they didn't have time to change it so they want it back.

I know we complain a lot about the dealers but they are desperate for work and quite prepared to beat other quotes. If you are prepared to sit down and talk to them for a few minutes and ask them to go away and think about the price a few times then good deals can be had.

What I don't have a lot of at the moment is time which is another reason I had it done rather than undertaking the work myself. Whilst it was in I did a 600 mile round trip to Wales to pick my son up in the Discovery II which is fun but noisy and uncomfortable.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom