W211 CD Multi-changer under command unit won't accept CD's

Tim Bowman

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI Saloon (W211) avantgarde 2003
Can anyone help ?

My 2003 CD multichanger is receiving electricity but I cannot get it to take a CD. I have pressed all the buttons 1-6 and the red light flashes but I can't get it to take a CD. Anyone got any idea's ?

Also the pan roof opens, but keeps saying 'close roof' and the blinds won't shut. The tilt only goes up a little bit and the back one doesn't do anything.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
could be broken, could be disconnected....

do you have a Bluetooth phone system in the car? if so can you play back music ? or even a USB socket?

many didn't have the phone.... and none had BT music streaming, and none had USB. But a number of aftermarket addons disconnect the cd changer to use its fibre optics to do a phone which is a lot more useful.... and the better ones have some form of strangely navigated music play back

this was a common one one but there's other stuff out there

https://www.kufatec.com/en/handsfre...uetooth-handsfree-pro-for-mercedes-benz-37564

The Pan Man 2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 500
First the sunroof sounds like it needs resetting. Same procedure as resetting the windows.
CD Player now I'm not 100% sure but try the same cd in the single slot see if that works.
2003 It might have been updated to play Mp3s try and Mp3 Disk.
Let me know how you get on.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom