W211 E220 roof bars.

parkman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Avantgarde 2004 + W126 500se 1983 + W124 260E 1991
Hi, I wonder if some-one might have a copy of the instructions for fitting Mercedes roof bars on a W211, E220. I have a pretty good idea from looking at the items on how to fit them, but I would like to see if there are any odd instructions for the fitting. I know that there is an old request for the same subject elsewhere, but there were no replies that meant anything, answers such as "Give Mercedes a call". I know from past experience that Mercedes, or Mercedes dealers will not, and I repeat this, will not send or give copies of the original instructions, so to be honest there is no point in posting an answer that says "Call Mercedes". I am hoping that maybe some-one would have a copy that could scanned as a .pdf file and e-mailed on to me.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
parkman

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Perhaps check out the Thule website? I thought the MB system looked remarkably like Thule.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
They are Thule roof bars. The plastic covers have 'Thule' on the inside and the part numbers.

Call http://www.roofracks-roofboxes.co.uk in Exeter 01404823990 and ask for Roland, he will send you a copy of the instructions. He is the guy Thule UK refer you to. Good guy.

Failing that, the roof has pop up covers in the roof. Once popped up, by lifting the outside edge you will see the tapped hole in the fixing below. The foot kit has a M6 x 45mm allen bolt that fits into the roof fixing. The foot kit then attaches by 2x M6 x 15mm to the roof bar leg, the roof bar leg attacks to the bar. Set the width and lock it up.

All very simple!!

OP
P

parkman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI Avantgarde 2004 + W126 500se 1983 + W124 260E 1991
Roof bars

Hi, thanks a lot, Keefysher. I know that, having had a good fool around with the bars, they are simple to fit. When I first got them I just wanted to see if there was any "secret" fitting instructions that did not appear apparent by just looking at the way the bars are put together.
Best regards, parkman

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom