W211 Parking Sensor Problem

mfrack

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 CDI Sport 2005
Hi all. I have a problem with the parking sensors on a 2005 E280 CDI. Whether in forward or reverse the sensors are not working. I only get the 4 red lights on the indicator and a constant beep until the system turns itself off.

I have tried disconnecting the rear sensors one by one and all at once but I still get the same problem. I have not tried disconnecting any front sensors yet.

Could it be the control module? Is there one module that controls both front and back or two modules? Where is the module located? Does this model have a history with faulty control modules?

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Hello Mfrack

On mine when the sensors have malfunctioned it's been the rears behind the wheels, where they get all the road crud, however, both front and rear led's go bananas.

The quickest way is to get it onto STAR for a diagnosis.

I would imagine removing them one at a time will produce an open (and incomplete) circuit and won't work.

OP
M

mfrack

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E280 CDI Sport 2005
Thanks Developer215.

I suspect you are right; creating an open circuit whilst a sensor was disconnected did occur to me as I was doing it.

I have just been out in the car and the parking sensors were working. The sensors behind each rear wheel were much dirtier than the other two so maybe taking out and cleaning has fixed the problem. We shall see!

gradiric

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 E280 Estate
I have the same problem - is it easy to remove and clean the sensors? How is it done, are there details in the manual?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I have some info that I can send you

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Could you send me it too please Malcolm, would be really appreciated?

davidh

Reaction score
Could I have that information also please, as I am having the same problem with my E320 Cdi estate. Many thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could I have that information also please, as I am having the same problem with my E320 Cdi estate. Many thanks

I need an Email address please this can be edited out later

carver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI
Hi Malcolm
I realise that this is a slightly old topic but could you send the parking sensor stuff to me also
thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I need an Email address please

AndrewG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI Sport Estate
Malcolm, I too have the "parking sensor" problem with my S211 E320. Could you send me the information you have? You can use agg32 @ btinternet.com to send it to me.

Many thanks,
-Andrew

Turbo Merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
Malcolm, I too have the "parking sensor" problem with my S211 E320. Could you send me the information you have? You can use agg32 @ btinternet.com to send it to me.

Many thanks,
-Andrew

The MB guide is (being polite here), 'not very comprehensive'. If you are going to do it yourself check out the link in my posting above yours - I describe the experience in detail with close pics to help further.

Hope that helps

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
The MB guide is (being polite here), 'not very comprehensive'. If you are going to do it yourself check out the link in my posting above yours - I describe the experience in detail with close pics to help further.

Hope that helps

You changed your name then Nigel, that's easier to say:D:D

Turbo Merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
You changed your name then Nigel, that's easier to say:D:D

LOL! Yes, when I came to see you guys and you could not pronounce my original log-in name I realised that using a foreign word was in fact not such a good idea after all! :shock: 'Turbo Merc' is much more macho too lmao :lol:

Crookers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GL420 CDI - 2007
Hi - I would also really appreciate sight of the document! I'm new here after just buying a GL420 which is so much better than the X5 I just exchanged for it! Now one week in I have this same parking sensor issue and would to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What info would you like

Crookers

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GL420 CDI - 2007
Any information you have which could help me resolve the parking sensor issue I have at the moment would be great. Every time I engage D or R the sensors show 4 red lights and basically don't work.
Thanks!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom