W212 (2011 E200 Diesel Auto) Pulls uneven on braking

MFK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 CDI / 2011 / W212
Hi
Broke a front coil spring and replaced the two of them. Changed brake pads at the same time. On hard braking the car is pulling uneven (to the left). It is not a jerk of the steering wheel but more like front left is biting causes the back to move out to the right if that makes sense.. There is no skidding. Any ideas what could be issue? All bushes etc seem ok.
I haven't inspected rear brakes yet. If I need to replace rear pads do you need to have diagnostic kit to wind back the caliper piston on this or is it standard.

When the spring broke it damaged the inside wall of the tyre so I replaced two front tyres as well. I haven't had 4 wheel alignment done since doing springs but plan to. Could the braking issue be related to this?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
after a front brake pad change of a previous car I started to have problems with a sticky caliper .... maybe you now have a sticking (offside) caliper ie that caliper isn't braking as it should

OP
M

MFK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E200 CDI / 2011 / W212
Thanks for reply. Pads were quite low so I guess it is possible that have become sticky when pushing back caliper to "new" position. It pushed back smoothly with no sense of resistance.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Thanks for reply. Pads were quite low so I guess it is possible that have become sticky when pushing back caliper to "new" position. It pushed back smoothly with no sense of resistance.
Likewise with my car ;)

I've recently had to replace caliper seals in a caliper on Emily's car too after a pad change .... the car didn't pull over while braking, but the wheel/hub/caliper was getting really hot due to the sticky caliper.

Reactions: MFK

Jasons76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 c220 cdi AMG sport estate
hows the rear subframe i know some w204 have corroded through rear subframes that have caused pulling when braking.

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Check that the pads aren't binding in the caliper; the new pads being thicker, the back plates are further away from the disk, and there may have been a build up of corrosion where the old thinner pads weren't making contact

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom