W213 E300e AMG Night Edition MY21

Cragie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class E300e AMG Night Edition
Hello, I hope some one can help

I’ve ordered a E300e AMG Night Edition MY21 facelift. I have a couple of questions.

I’ve found out the the new E53 AMG grill will fit the E300e AMG so good news. Will the rear E53 quad diffuser fit? I don’t see why not as they share the same rear AMG bumper. Can anyone confirm??

also wheels, the E300e AMG comes with 8X18” ET43 245/45RZ18 as an only option. Again I’d like to put the following on the E300e AMG, E53 OEM 20” wheels. Front 8X20 245/35/RZ20 ET20 Rear 9X20 275/30/RZ20 ET49. Both vehicles share the same front panels and both have the AMG front bumper but the E53 front wheels sit further out than the E300e because of the difference in the front offset. (ET20). I’m looking to mirror the E53 stance but the question is can anyone think of any other clashes that could stop the front wheels fitting, calipers, discs, or suspension struts?? I think the rear will be fine but again can anyone confirm?

thanks in advance, car should look great if this can be done

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome
Sorry I don’t know the answers to your questions except to say that the e versions do have some marked differences . seems you will be compromising a lot of the e attributes but of course your choice . Hopefully someone will be able to advise better

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Welcome. Like John, I can’t answer your question but I know some AMG models (like my GLC) use different suspension and steering components which might mean the new wheels don’t suite your “e”. I’m not sure what 20in wheels will do to the ride or economy of your car either.

OP
C

Cragie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have a 530e Msport + on 20" wheels at the moment and everything has been fine with that for 3 years. Thanks for the replay's though guys. Someone out there must have this setup. If anything the car should just sit as the e53 does from stock, front wheels pushed out slightly.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Wheels will be fine but the front and rear bumpers of AMG are actually slightly different to the AMG line bumpers, the diffuser will need some alterations to fit correctly,
I’m guessing this is lease car and you want to make it look like an AMG?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I was wondering if it was a company/lease given the e BIK benefits...
My colleague here has a 530e M Sport (on 19s) , company motor- 'oddly' I have the 530d M Sport wagon (non company) x drive which sits on 20s, runflats even and the ride is quite decent ! They are GY F1 Assy's mind, maybe that's the reason

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was wondering if it was a company/lease given the e BIK benefits...
My colleague here has a 530e M Sport (on 19s) , company motor- 'oddly' I have the 530d M Sport wagon (non company) x drive which sits on 20s, runflats even and the ride is quite decent ! They are GY F1 Assy's mind, maybe that's the reason
The newest 5 is surprisingly comfortable, but more expensive then the 213 overall on a company lease my brother told me, oh and both were more than a V90 T8

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
The newest 5 is surprisingly comfortable, but more expensive then the 213 overall on a company lease my brother told me, oh and both were more than a V90 T8
It is really comfortable, no issues at all- did your brother go for the T8? That's a lovely car too....

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It is really comfortable, no issues at all- did your brother go for the T8? That's a lovely car too....
He did, had it around 8 months I think now and really likes it, though has had to be put on a breakdown lorry twice now, both times for a puncture that couldn’t be repaired

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
He did, had it around 8 months I think now and really likes it, though has had to be put on a breakdown lorry twice now, both times for a puncture that couldn’t be repaired
IIRC those run on 21s? That's what would be happening with mine if I got a puncture so bad the RF failed so I can't criticise!

OP
C

Cragie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wheels will be fine but the front and rear bumpers of AMG are actually slightly different to the AMG line bumpers, the diffuser will need some alterations to fit correctly,
I’m guessing this is lease car and you want to make it look like an AMG?

Good news on the wheels V6Matty I guess the car will just look and sit like the E53 as long as I stick to the OEM recommended configurations????. I've attached some comparisons from the most up to date Mercedes configurator. Bumper looks the same (772) granted the whole diffuser is different but this can be ordered as a full kit, excluding the rear bumper obviously.

Attachments

• E300e AMG V E53.pdf
    617.3 KB · Views: 9

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good news on the wheels V6Matty I guess the car will just look and sit like the E53 as long as I stick to the OEM recommended configurations????. I've attached some comparisons from the most up to date Mercedes configurator. Bumper looks the same (772) granted the whole diffuser is different but this can be ordered as a full kit, excluding the rear bumper obviously.
I’m pretty sure their not interchangeable even though you can’t buy the parts, you would also need to do something with the exhaust tips as the exits on the AMG is different to the AMGline car, the differences are subtle but aren’t a direct interchange.
As you say the wheels will sit just that little further out and give the stance you want, Mercedes won’t offer them in your size as they will make your car a different emissions rating and likely then loose any BIK saving you might have had

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Mercedes won’t offer them in your size as they will make your car a different emissions rating and likely then loose any BIK saving you might have had

But you can legally buy them and fit them afterwards and no impact on BIK or emissions...:rolleyes:

OP
C

Cragie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll check with the OEM supplier V6Matty, Information as attached doesn't say they are not compatible but some small mods might be required, possibly cutting away parts of the diff. You're right about the wheels Mercedes just wouldn't give them as an option. BMW happy to do an aftermarket sale when I ordered my 5e 3 years ago. odd??

So you think the wheels will be ok, no clashes wot worry about??

Notes on the diffuser from the OEM Supplier.

This diffusor is installed in the factory version of the E-Class AMG 53 Sedan W213. Please note, that depending on the engine the exhaust gases will continue to be discharged downwards. Adjustment work or changes to the exhaust gas trims may be necessary for diesel / hybrid models. The exhaust trims act as a dummy exhaust.

• Mercedes-Benz E-Class W213 facelift (07/20-)
    • suitable for E-Class with parktronic and without parktronic
    • suitable for cars with AMG exterior package (data card code 772)
    • suitable for cars without towbar

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll check with the OEM supplier V6Matty, Information as attached doesn't say they are not compatible but some small mods might be required, possibly cutting away parts of the diff. You're right about the wheels Mercedes just wouldn't give them as an option. BMW happy to do an aftermarket sale when I ordered my 5e 3 years ago. odd??

So you think the wheels will be ok, no clashes wot worry about??

Notes on the diffuser from the OEM Supplier.

This diffusor is installed in the factory version of the E-Class AMG 53 Sedan W213. Please note, that depending on the engine the exhaust gases will continue to be discharged downwards. Adjustment work or changes to the exhaust gas trims may be necessary for diesel / hybrid models. The exhaust trims act as a dummy exhaust.

• Mercedes-Benz E-Class W213 facelift (07/20-)
    • suitable for E-Class with parktronic and without parktronic
    • suitable for cars with AMG exterior package (data card code 772)
    • suitable for cars without towbar
That’s the bit I’d be very weary of, “may require additional small modifications to fit”, those usually mean lots of fettling and never looks factory finish

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Cragie and welcome to the forum :) Would have thought the MB Stealer should have the answers to all of your queries to be honest :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
What they don’t know will never hurt them right :p
It's legal... (at the moment...).. until someone works out it is killing something (sorry taxable...) :rolleyes:

OP
C

Cragie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Cragie and welcome to the forum :) Would have thought the MB Stealer should have the answers to all of your queries to be honest :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, you all been great. The wheels were my main concern with the front being ET20 but sounds like I'll be ok. As for the diff I'm sure the guys I use would get it to fit.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom