W220 ign lock sticking

hmang

Reaction score
Hello gang, I thought it odd last night when the interior light didn't come on after removing the ign key. Now this morning the ign lock won't turn, it seems that the centre ( plunger with red sensor )has not returned out when I removed the key. Any thoughts guys ? Broken spring , clogged up with crud , something busted? I seem to remember that on some cars you have be careful about removing the lock or else the steering lock jams on info in that would be handy. Ta

OP
H

hmang

Reaction score
fixed now

simple fix really, 2 small squares of double sided foam tape on the end of the key.
shove the key in the lock. it sticks to the plunger and i free'd it off by pulling gently

happy days,
a new lock £400+...cant do it yourself. plus extra misery getting the car to the garage
a/ it wont start
b/ the ign lock failure locks it into park so you cant push / winch / tow .
it seems there is no steering lock so not an issue

any way .if it happens to you i hope this can save you some grief

thanks to Des at Startech Poole who tolerated 10 minutes of my blithering and made some helpful suggestions

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom