Want...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I have my eye on an S65 Cab in 2 years time.... If I can ever find one. May have to settle for a coupe.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I have my eye on an S65 Cab in 2 years time.... If I can ever find one. May have to settle for a coupe.

Romans International have had a couple, the depreciate well

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Romans International have had a couple, the depreciate well

It's all about them coming up at the right time.. .

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe

Romans actually have a NICE ONE in now. I've been looking for an S Class for a couple of months now and it keeps popping up on various searches.

I couldn't justify it against the facelift S63 to be honest, a 17 plate car over £30k more expensive than a 68 plate 63 with very similar options and as quick, if not quicker now they're fitting the M177 engines in them. I'd love a 65 but not at the sort of money that they're being advertised for, so I've decided that I'll be having a 63.

I'm 90% decided between coupé and cabriolet now as well but finding one with the correct spec is proving a challenge as every dealer advertises an S Class as "fully loaded". The good ones will send Oasis reports out, certain ones will just try the B/S approach which doesn't really work when you understand what you want.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Romans actually have a NICE ONE in now. I've been looking for an S Class for a couple of months now and it keeps popping up on various searches.

I couldn't justify it against the facelift S63 to be honest, a 17 plate car over £30k more expensive than a 68 plate 63 with very similar options and as quick, if not quicker now they're fitting the M177 engines in them. I'd love a 65 but not at the sort of money that they're being advertised for, so I've decided that I'll be having a 63.

I'm 90% decided between coupé and cabriolet now as well but finding one with the correct spec is proving a challenge as every dealer advertises an S Class as "fully loaded". The good ones will send Oasis reports out, certain ones will just try the B/S approach which doesn't really work when you understand what you want.
Good luck, that last bit really grinds my gears when on the hunt :mad:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

It's absolutely true that the 63 is faster, when tuned, than the 65 especially with the faster gearbox, but the 65 after tweaking is still worth 780bhp 1300nm, and the V12 is such a perfect match for the luxobarge experience IMO.

That options thing drives me insane. I find looking up the vin and looking up the data card is the best way.

In the 65's they were only offered with one of two option packs,, the rest is interior choices/colours etc. Which makes it a tad easier.

I wasn't convinced on the cabrio until a friend mentioned I should consider it as it has 7 layers and isn't the same as cabs of old (my most recent model in long term ownership has been a 208 cab!)

OP
grayb

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
Harris's car in the video is a 63, not a 65 - but it is the 5.5 litre. I had a look at 5 advertised on AT - none had all the options that Harris's car does (Airscarf in a Coupe?).

Atavus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe C217 5.5 Biturbo 2016
Airscarf option appears on later cars. I saw a few over the last few weeks. There have been about 30-odd cars for sale whilst I was looking.

I think Chris Harris helped convince me to buy one. I’ve had it a fortnight now.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom