What are these numbers all about...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
I keep reading posts where people refer to their cars as W202, W124 etc...

What are these numbers about...do they refer to the model of car or the engine size/type...?

Can someone tell me what my car number is...I currently have a 53 plate C200 CDI Elegance saloon and before that I had a 03 plate 220 CDI Sports Coupe.
I have never once heard of either car being refered to by numbers at the dealers.

Thanks

alancolvin

Reaction score
Mercedes give all their cars model numbers, in the form Wxxx.

For example, the current C-Class is model W203, the previous C-Class is model W202

If you look in your service records booklet, the first part of the chassis number is the model number.

The model number is much more useful then the class type when you are searching for information, parts etc, because, as you can see from the example I gave you, 'C-Class' is not a unique identifier.

OP
J

jan

Reaction score
alancolvin said:
Mercedes give all their cars model numbers, in the form Wxxx.

For example, the current C-Class is model W203, the previous C-Class is model W202

If you look in your service records booklet, the first part of the chassis number is the model number.

The model number is much more useful then the class type when you are searching for information, parts etc, because, as you can see from the example I gave you, 'C-Class' is not a unique identifier.
Thanks for the clear and presise explanation Alan...

kaizer

Reaction score
those are the model number that mercedes benz give to each model, for the new c class, i believe the model number is W/S 203, and the clk, the old one is W/208 and the new model is W/209.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom