What does this picture mean on my dash?

luminous

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class /2010/350 CDi
I've just bought a W204 C350CDi and every time I start the car up I get this picture on my dash. At first I thought it was down to the fact I had some things on my rear seats, but this is not the case!

I've uploaded a picture and hope one of the members here will be able to tell me what it means please :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 872

aquiss

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 E220CDi AMG Sport
It means someone in the back needs put the seatbelt on.

You got anything sat on your back seats...boxes etc?

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
the pressure sensors seem to think someone is in one the seats - if you "do up" the seatbelts it should go out - do one at a time so you can locate the specific area

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
It means that the rear occupants are too fat.

:lol:

Last edited:

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
I thought it was a variation on a space invaders game

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
Not sure but the wife's a class has this on with 2 of the kids being in car seats the belts are always on, so it shows how many are actually connected, not I think that someone is sitting there, that's the front things and the annoying dingers!

My Volvo used to do it if the rear door was opened but the belt not connected after putting a jacket in or something.

Roxie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class 350CDI 2012
It actually means that there are three seats in the back and that none of the seat belts are fastened. So the driver should be aware of this and inform rear seat occupants if any to fasten them. The message goes out after a short while. The rear seats do not have any sensors in them so that things other than people can be transported in the back without constant alarms going off.

OP
L

luminous

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class /2010/350 CDi
It actually means that there are three seats in the back and that none of the seat belts are fastened. So the driver should be aware of this and inform rear seat occupants if any to fasten them. The message goes out after a short while. The rear seats do not have any sensors in them so that things other than people can be transported in the back without constant alarms going off.

Awesome, thank you, that has been doing my nut in all week. Really appreciate that.

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo

Thanks - I've been ignoring trying to work out what it meant, as I'm still reading the manual about the 1000's of other button combinations I need to know about (5 transmission, 3 ESP, 3 suspension, 1 AMG - and that's just in the gearshift area :shock:).

I was just pressing OK to get rid of it :).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I thought it was ghost from the past in the cluster

MIW615

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 SPORT & 230SLK

Only had my C-Class a few days and was wondering the same thing, driving me mad - thanks for clarification:)

Malcolm

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
Just a gut feeling, but I think it only shows the 'seats' if the rear door was opened before you started the car. If you're on your own and just get in the driver's door and drive away, the seats symbol isn't shown. I think.

It also comes up if there is someone in the back seat and they undo their belt.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just a gut feeling, but I think it only shows the 'seats' if the rear door was opened before you started the car. If you're on your own and just get in the driver's door and drive away, the seats symbol isn't shown. I think.

It also comes up if there is someone in the back seat and they undo their belt.

Would that be to perform an indecent act :shock:

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
OK naughty boy, I meant the SEAT belt :rolleyes:

eagletower

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 e class 350 coupe
Glad some posted this as I have had my E class for 2 days and I was wondering the same thing.

Veronica Brooks

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 BE sport cdi 2014
Is this thread still live? Only I've just got my A180 and this picture keeps coming up - side view of a car with 3 passengers. I've tries doing up all the rear seat belts but it still comes up. Its so annoying!

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Is this thread still live? Only I've just got my A180 and this picture keeps coming up - side view of a car with 3 passengers. I've tries doing up all the rear seat belts but it still comes up. Its so annoying!
My 204 does this every time I start it, even with nothing on the back seats. It's annoying.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
So does my 212, although also showing an A7 service countdown whatever that is

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Even more annoying is the jingle I get when I put my briefcase on the empty passenger seat.
It either has to go on the floor (too darned expensive for that) or it has to be cosseted with the seat belt fastened.
Nanny cars!

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom