What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Did you go for the GSF ones?

Yes, my mechanic mate said they are good (Premium ones), he uses them on his BMW, quality wise they look good so time will tell, just fed up of the constant clunking, will have the tracking done after they are fitted

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Nothing more than driven it out and back into the garage so I could get my mig welder out to repair the support brackets on my electric gates (memo to self - try and find your welding gloves as even with 3 pairs on "mechanics gloves" don't prevent weld spatter...:eek:)
Whilst my car was out I re-organised the tools and emergency kit in the boot. Took the emergency spare out and the polystyrene former @00slk will no doubt be pleased to know it wasn't just dry it was dusty... so I cleaned and polished it :p:D

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I am starting to research fitting an oil pressure gauge to the M113k engine in my SL, I have heard of problems with the o ring hardening in the oil pump scavenge pipe, leading to oil starvation problems, and would like peace of mind. If any Indie offers this I am open to suggestions. A new O ring would be the best solution, but this is 7 hours labour to change.

There is a place to fit a sender, I just need to get around to having a look at clearances etc.

This failure is a tad overblown on the web and not as common as the youtube poster would have you find. I am of the belief that his engine failed due to oil starvation in the corners........

Otherwise, yes, a sensor can be fitted, I have done a few and have a sensor that fits with the wires out of the way, it is tight but doable.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Nothing more than driven it out and back into the garage so I could get my mig welder out to repair the support brackets on my electric gates (memo to self - try and find your welding gloves as even with 3 pairs on "mechanics gloves" don't prevent weld spatter...:eek:)
Whilst my car was out I re-organised the tools and emergency kit in the boot. Took the emergency spare out and the polystyrene former @00slk will no doubt be pleased to know it wasn't just dry it was dusty... so I cleaned and polished it :p:D

Hmmmm, savage!!!!! Though I find it hard to believe a Land Rover could be so water tight :rolleyes:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hmmmm, savage!!!!! Though I find it hard to believe a Land Rover could be so water tight :rolleyes:
There’s no water in the Landy... I’ve holes in the battery box with a one way valve that lets it out :D:p

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I took pity on the 170 this morning , it was such a lovely sunny AM I though id clean him and then a top down drive for a drop of motion lotion , it was very pleasant , reminds me why I bought him in the first place , struck up first turn after 2 weeks too , happy days :)

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
This failure is a tad overblown on the web and not as common as the youtube poster would have you find. I am of the belief that his engine failed due to oil starvation in the corners........

Otherwise, yes, a sensor can be fitted, I have done a few and have a sensor that fits with the wires out of the way, it is tight but doable.

Thanks Alex, whereabouts are you, and what is the labour cost please ?

Thanks

Mark

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
I made a concerted effort to get the car out today and give it a good wash. Anyway and yet again, we went out to lunch instead. It's just as well as it was raining slightly and the lanes were a little muddy so it would only have got dirty again... That's my excuse anyway. It's a bit nippy out still and so much nicer in a warm car having a drive...

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Removed the rear wheels and inspected the rims for cracks and the tyres for any splits inside and the general condition. I can't get over how poor P-Zero's are and the inspection hasn't revealed any faults.

Whilst they were off I gave them a proper clean, decontaminated with Auto Finesse, rinsed, dried and polished with some Megs Carnuba Wax I'd been given at Xmas. Finally sealed with Auto-Glym wheel sealant. They look a lot better until the next deluge.
A few gratuitous photos.

20200306_101831.jpg 20200306_103249.jpg 20200306_101904.jpg 20200306_113637.jpg

When I refitted the rear wheels and lowered the car, the rear had just the right stance for me. Lowering springs and rear links soon I think.
20200306_115220.jpg

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
I agree, everytime I drive a car with PZeros I feel underwhelmed with the tyres.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
having just fitted H&Rs to one of my cars , I really don't think I made a good choice , id usually go with Eibach and starting to think I should have stuck with them but ive only done a hundred miles or so so lets see how they settle in

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ Are you finding the ride quite a bit firmer?
I have heard this about H&R springs.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
having just fitted H&Rs to one of my cars , I really don't think I made a good choice , id usually go with Eibach and starting to think I should have stuck with them but ive only done a hundred miles or so so lets see how they settle in

H&R are a far superior product to Eibach, let them settle, new springs always feel firmer anyway.

CrustyClam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML63 2007
Fitted a new tailgate locking mechanism. The old one failed to fully close/lock the tailgate one evening. No matter how many times I tried it was having none of it. The following day it did lock correctly, and I kept it like that until today. Before removing the old one I tried it a few times and it worked ok, but since I had the new part thought I'd replace anyway. Probably a small matter of time before it happened again.

Took just under an hour to do.

IMG_1603.JPG

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom