What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Isn't that message usually triggered by pad wear sensors? I'm surprised that its gone away.
I take it that as you've checked the fluid levels, you've visually checked the pads for wear as well.
All fluid levels OK and no leaks. No odd noises, rubbing etc.
It's due for a service/MOT soon.

multigrade

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E320 M104
Replaced oil level sensor, which was giving intermittent spurious warnings, Ended up with a lot of oil on the floor...

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Day 3 of hybrid eV vehicle.

Nothing has blown up yet.

All journeys have been on battery only!

Mpg calculation non sensical, as its too literal (eg ALL miles per gallon of fuel, including those on electric) of you drive solely on electric it shows 999mpg.

It should be mpg when engines running and ignore EV only miles

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
Day 3 of hybrid eV vehicle.

Nothing has blown up yet.

All journeys have been on battery only!

Mpg calculation non sensical, as its too literal (eg ALL miles per gallon of fuel, including those on electric) of you drive solely on electric it shows 999mpg.

It should be mpg when engines running and ignore EV only miles
Alex is it a plug in hybrid?

old man Logan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 e280 elegance
Mines still in hibernation, getting ready to go on road soon

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Well, further to THIS POST from earlier in the thread, I took the car into Mercedes today for them to check the heater out.

I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to this and was expecting the usual dealership slopy shouldered and hand wringing approach but I couldn't have been more wrong. After I got through reception, I was met by a service advisor who I've known for ages, so the first few minutes were spent doing the small talk bit as she'd not seen me for a while. After explaining my heater problem, she introduced me to Mark, who'd been allocated to look at my car.

He walked out with me to the car where we both got in it, started it up and then waited for the noise to appear. Right on cue the forced air sound started and Mark seemed to know instantly where to look and what to do. He did try to explain it to me but I'm afraid that it didn't sink in too much. Blend doors, out of synch and lube were all mentioned which is apparently what he managed to sort out.

As I mentioned earlier, a stepper motor was also playing up though typically it was quiet as a mouse on his initial inspection. He did tell me later however that it did click a couple of times, enabling him to pinpoint which one it was and, after removing the dash side panel and glovebox, he managed to reset it and cover it in some silicone lube stuff.

I did get billed for £150 which I was quite happy to pay as he was working on the car for 2 hours, kept me fully informed all the way through the process and it's currently whisper quiet, as it should be. Just hope it stays that way...

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Spent 4 hours waiting for the AA to show up to diagnose my Mothers W204 C250CGi with ESL failure (which I told them on the phone) then faff around trying to sort it then tow it to Coverdale 2 at 11pm.

Luckily it failed 500m from my house so could wait there for them to show up.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Money Pit has been running beautifully and totally satisfied with all his lovely new parts, he forgot about general wear 'n tear, until yesterday :rolleyes:

20240418_165226.jpg

Going to treat him to new pads.....as soon as I have checked that it's only pads needed.
Then Money Pit is going to be sent for a complete service, top to bottom before I sell him :D
So please do not jam and crash the forum with offers when I am ready! :eek:

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
00slk, have same brake warning now miraculously cured it's self.
My CLK has only done 90K and is serviced/MOT every year, usually around 4/4.5K miles PA.
Next due soon and every thing feels ok, no leaks and brake fluid is full to top.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
00slk, have same brake warning now miraculously cured it's self.
My CLK has only done 90K and is serviced/MOT every year, usually around 4/4.5K miles PA.
Next due soon and every thing feels ok, no leaks and brake fluid is full to top.
It’s nothing to do with brake fluid - just pads worn down.

JoeHorner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W203 C270CDI Elegance
Finally caught up with the odd jobs that have been on the to-do list for too long for the 270CDI:

* Track rod end that was an MOT advise last September. Ended up changing inner, outer and boot because it was easier than releasing the lock nuts!
* Front ARB bushes replaced and it no longer squeaks & bangs over speed bumps. One drop link could do with changing but couldn't get them undone for now and had other stuff to do.
* Front left caliper that was seizing on its guide pins freed up and working as it should.
* Thermostat is finally changed so it actually gets up to temperature
* Trip meter is now calibrated to the past 750 miles or so of measured fuel consumption. 39.5mpg average from an engine that was only ever reaching about 50 degrees seems ok

Also gave it an early oil & filter change (dash was saying 5700 miles to go) because 20 months seemed more than long enough regardless of mileage.

There are still heaters flaps to worry about at some point but that looks like a nasty job, and an Aircon recharge having put some gas in & confirmed it hold pressure and tries to work. Didn't have enough gas left to fully recharge so will pay to have it done at some point.

Now time to enjoy it until the next round....

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom