What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
Lucky men to be able to keep 63's you lot lol, never had the privilege of being a passenger in one either but one day eh!

As for what I've done to my merc... I've missed it... Been almost 2 weeks now without her and even though the civic is ok its not a Mercedes and no where near as good to drive as my W202.

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Lucky men to be able to keep 63's you lot lol, never had the privilege of being a passenger in one either but one day eh!

As for what I've done to my merc... I've missed it... Been almost 2 weeks now without her and even though the civic is ok its not a Mercedes and no where near as good to drive as my W202.

Know what you mean though my W201 isn't a bad little motor to be driving whilst I'm E63less ;)

190 Front 01.jpg

190 Interior .jpg

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03' BMW 325Ci
Know what you mean though my W201 isn't a bad little motor to be driving whilst I'm E63less ;)

View attachment 38311

View attachment 38312
Love the interior Dave, beautiful condition too from what I can see!

I'll have my W202 back soon enough, I'll post an update in my project thread.

Heard and saw a W211 E55 go past my home earlier, Mercedes' V8 is something else....

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Found my keys!
After having had my house and primary car key stolen a couple of weeks ago, I've been very cautious with my spare. Working away, I left the keys at home, only last weekend couldn't locate them - onset panicky fear, much swearing and turning the house upside down, no joy.
Got a text from the good lady to advise keys have been located - massive relief!
Where were they? Kitchen cupboard - now I know I didn't put them there...
Let sensible discord commence ;):rolleyes:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Found my keys!
After having had my house and primary car key stolen a couple of weeks ago, I've been very cautious with my spare. Working away, I left the keys at home, only last weekend couldn't locate them - onset panicky fear, much swearing and turning the house upside down, no joy.
Got a text from the good lady to advise keys have been located - massive relief!
Where were they? Kitchen cupboard - now I know I didn't put them there...
Let sensible discord commence ;):rolleyes:
Reached for a t bag and left them in the cupboard ? ( or a biscuit :D )

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I hear what you say Wighty, but, not in the spices cupboard - that's strictly her domain!
Blo0dy sure I left 'em on the table...;)
Either way I'm admitting to nowt:D

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Retrofitted the illuminated door sills, fully retaining the OE set of features (5 min off after the door is open, etc), but without taking the car apart, as per Mr WIS instruction (battery and fuse block out, seats out, front floor carpets out, re-pin SAM connector, etc).

Wanted to do an even simpler install (permanent positive, door switch controlled negative), but apparently these sills are not 12V, so can only be actuated by their own power blocks (part of the wiring harness). o_O

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Kept that quiet too Dave...so 2+2= Alex Foti I presume ?
So never again will I attempt to keep up with you on the toll road it seems..
Nope, not Alex. The person in question (who I'm not naming, that's for him to

Hehe Mines a C63 :p

I did keep it a bit quiet, too much going on!! :p Its been played about with too :p

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Indeed, not going to go for all out power, far too slippery slope!

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
As I don't get my new one for a couple of weeks yet, I thought I'd spend a bit of time cleaning the 190 up this morning. It's coming up quite well even though it seems to have been neglected over the last few years cosmetically. The bulk of the mechanical stuff has been done so it's now just a case of getting it to an acceptable standard. Starting with the underside unfortunately, as this is the bit which has been ignored for a while. :(

Front X Member.jpg

The front crossmember was caked in old and partly dried engine oil so, whilst preventing it from rusting, it did nothing for it's appearance
NS Inner Wing.jpg

N/S/F inner wing after a lot of wiping down. Everything here was just caked in road grime and more crud...

I'm quite pleased how it's coming up, though it's going to take a while to get it how I want it looking. No rust found so far, and no signs of having been welded either.

ETA: The anti roll bar and front wishbones were cleaned and painted a couple of weeks ago as they looked horrible. :D

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
Rubbed down the crinkly reaction to clear coat, and resprayed one front caliper.
IMG_4195.JPG

Very happy with the finish, but miffed I used hammerite.
What with cleaning off and sheeting the entire car to avoid overspray ... takes forever doing it out side waiting for a dry non windy day.
This time I am leaving it for one week. Hammerite say 3 coats will take that long for the solvent to come out.
Also spraying a tin at the same time so I can really test its safe for the Halfords Clearcoat before spraying the calliper.
Yes still doing that as it leaves a great finish ( on the parts that didnt react)
Very easy maintenance .. brake dust just rinsed off. Plus the glossy finish looked better imo.

Hoping for some good weather ... wifes on a girls week in Austria so have her car available. He he :)

After all the problems not sure I will use the decals ... god forbid they screw it up.
Just wondered, as std. would a CL500 2009 have Mercedes Benz on the callipers?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom