What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Dump run yesterday in the 3 suspensioned Money Pit :shock:
Missus wanted to use it today, but with the pump running continuously for the holed air bag isn't a good idea. Then buy new ones for it! I was told :(

JoeHorner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W203 C270CDI Elegance
Missus wanted to use it today, but with the pump running continuously for the holed air bag isn't a good idea. Then buy new ones for it! I was told :(

Puncture repair kit? What's the worst that could happen?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Insured it with Churchill for another year.

Last years price £215
Renewal £303

Money Supermarket with Churchill £295 and £38 cashback so £257

Paid £255 as they suddenly came up with a 17.5% discount code when I called them and mentioned it

Snake Charmer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S211 E320 CDI 2004
I meant to ask, were they Arnott you fitted? I hope not as that's what I have!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Gave the CLK an oil and filter change , the old girls on 99k now .
5.5L of Fuchs 5w/40‘s finest and a Bosch filter .
Thought it might be one of the last days for outside car tinkering in shorts and t-shirt …..I’m sure that’s reason enough for an oil change :)

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Thought it might be one of the last days for outside car tinkering in shorts and t-shirt …..I’m sure that’s reason enough for an oil change :)
Like the Swallows migrating, Wighty's T-shirt and shorts leave for another year:D

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Like you need a reason!

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Yesterday, drove it 470 miles from Traunsee, in eastern Austria, to Metz in France. I was very surprised by the state of the Autobahns in Germany. Frequent delays for roadworks as they seem to be rebuilding long sections. More lorries than I've ever seen either in a constant stream in lane 1 or lined up in their hundreds in motorway service areas. The journey took over 10 hours with three short coffee/comfort/refuelling stops.

In the occasional bit where traffic was flowing properly, I did manage some cruising at around 150/160kph but overall mpg for the day was a surprisingly good 30.4 so there was a lot of time crawling through contra-flows at 70/80kph. I get the impression that the Germans have neglected their network for years and are now playing catch-up by making two lane motorways into three. At least they’re doing it properly and not just spending a fortune on converting the hard shoulder into a running lane.

The Austrian roads were far better and I was surprised how good the Italian roads were. You can see where the EU money has been spent,

Last edited:

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Yesterday, drove it 470 miles from Traunsee, in eastern Austria, to Metz in France. I was very surprised by the state of the Autobahns in Germany. Frequent delays for roadworks as they seem to be rebuilding long sections. More lorries than I've ever seen either in a constant stream in lane 1 or lined up in their hundreds in motorway service areas. The journey took over 10 hours with three short coffee/comfort/refuelling stops.

In the occasional bit where traffic was flowing properly, I did manage some cruising at around 150/160kph but overall mpg for the day was a surprisingly good 30.4 so there was a lot of time crawling through contra-flows at 70/80kph. I get the impression that the Germans have neglected their network for years and are now playing catch-up by making two lane motorways into three. At least they’re doing it properly and not just spending a fortune on converting the hard shoulder into a running lane.

The Austrian roads were far better and I was surprised how good the Italian roads were. You can see where the EU money has been spent,
Did more or less the same journey about 30 years ago (aghrrr really that long) and the same problems. The de-restricted parts are few and far between. The traffic barely slackens even at night nowadays. The joys of long distance continental motoring for pleasure have to be sought out.

MissyD

Reaction score
Website
www.depop.com
Your Mercedes
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Windscreen replacement guy turned up this morning, they can't change the windscreen as there's rust on the bodywork around the area. Luckily , he hadn't taken the glass out, so she'll need to get the rust sorted before it can be replaced :(. Anyone recommend a good bodyshop nr Essex or wants to buy an old 124?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom