What is the best aftermarket Diagnostic/programming kit for E250?

NEIL SPOONER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 Avantguard Estate 2010 Diesel 204hp
Hi All,
I am returning to the spanners after being made redundant, and MB will be one of the cars I will be working on. Can I get some feedback on the best/most economic computer to access the MB diagnostic systems, and also program settings please?
Thanks,
Neil

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Star/Xentry is the best. No question as it's the dealer level diagnostic and can do anything a dealer system can do but it's very expensive. Chinese clones are available but don't ask for help on that as it's against forum rules. Star/Xentry is PC based.

iCarsoft do a range which are excellent for basic code reading, live data and limited other functions such as SBC deactivation, ABS bleeding, Service light reset etc. The i980 is a basic reader only device and the MB v2.0 has additional functionality as above.

Autel do a number of products one of which is the AP200. This is a phone based/dongle system and is very cost effective though still a bit of an unknown quantity in terms of accuracy/functionality. I've been playing with this for a short while and so far it seems ok. It's certainly very cheap for what it does.

Most users on here use Chinese Star clones or iCarsoft i980, MB v2.0 or CR-Pro (an MB v2.0 for multiple brands).

Other options include Launch, Autel, Snap On and Creader.

I personally have Star/i980, MB-II (predecessor to v2.0) and the Autel AP200. The i980 lives in my Smart, the MB-II lives in the R230 and the AP200 sits in the tool box.
My other two MBs are 38 pin diagnostic cars so use a Carsoft 7.4 reader which is moved between them as required.

OP
N

NEIL SPOONER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E250 Avantguard Estate 2010 Diesel 204hp
Thank you for that.....lots to look at and consider. Any future updates on the AP200 would be most welcome.
Cheers
Neil

padrig

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am returning to the spanners after being made redundant, and MB will be one of the cars I will be working on. Can I get some feedback on the best/most economic computer to access the MB diagnostic systems, and also program settings please?
Thanks,
Neil
launch crp good latest model wiil do tyre presure

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
You would probably be wanting an all round starter or professional diagnostic tool then Neil if your going to be working on different makes? I have the i980 which is good for pulling codes and live data as lost kiwi already stated. I have just bought a CR pro which cover a lot of makes and so far looks good for the money. We have a Santa Fe and a Vito on which the software has impressed me with the Santa Fe having the best module access on it. Going to test it on the Rav4 someday shortly

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 cdi Estate (Called Helga)
I was wanting a diagnostic tool that did a few models so was consideringn the iCarsoft CR Pro, but on their website they say that if you only want it for Mercedes the MB V2.0 will be better, thats what I went with, think it was £136 plus I paid £10 extra for next day delivery, its so easy to use and I think I made the right choice.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I was wanting a diagnostic tool that did a few models so was consideringn the iCarsoft CR Pro, but on their website they say that if you only want it for Mercedes the MB V2.0 will be better, thats what I went with, think it was £136 plus I paid £10 extra for next day delivery, its so easy to use and I think I made the right choice.
The iCarsoft stuff is generally pretty good. A few glaring shortcomings in some models but overall it's ok.

GeoffWestWales

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270 cdi Estate (Called Helga)
The instructions are crap but thats the only negative for me so far, but it is easy to use

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom