What Polish for Tealite Blue

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
OK Here is an easy one. What polish do you use on your MB. Thie Tealite Blue is not a good colour IMO for showing reflections. I have been trying a few different combinations over the last few washes and the results are OK but I feel that there is more to be gained with the most suited polish.
What does everyone think.

Try this link : DSCF0195.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0195.jpg
    DSCF0195.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 73

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its a hard colour owing to the silver content,, any good thing like Mcquires

Simon Barry

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 215
Have you tried AutoGlym Super Resin Polish? Thats what I use on my silver MB with a coat of Collinite 476S Wax ontop to seal it.

I do the same. If you are really keen, I would clay it first, then the Autoglym SRP which is an excellent chemical cleaner & followed up with two coats of Collinite (carnauba wax) which will keep the car thoroughly protected for six months or so if left outside & longer if garaged.

This is a basic procedure that many detailers recommend to we DIY owners.
The lighter colours do not have the reflection depth of shine of the darker colours.

You may find that some swear by a particular cleaner/polish regime to suit an individual colour....but by then you may find yourself hooked on the path to Detailing !

Simon Barry

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Meguiars Next generation (NXT) is better than autoglym and easy to apply with the sponge provided.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Check out the Meguiars range - As Teddy C but I use their 3 stage products and am more than satisfied with the results.:cool:

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
That's a nice colour Pan Man and I'm sure it will shine up well with a little hard work. My Viano is Laguna Grey which is possibly a worse colour to polish but I have managed to get a reasonable shine on it Clicky

The plus side of your colour is that the dirt and scratches don't show as much as dark colours :D

OP
The Pan Man

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Interesting replies, thank you. As it stands the boot is done with Prima Swirl the roof with Autoglym and the bonnet and other panels with Banana wax. Yesterday it absolutly pi$$ed down while I was out and the rain water was beading as it landed. After a 40 mile trip all done in the rain the only "Dirty" looking area is at the back end of the car where the vortex reacts and lets the dirty water stick. I will have a good look later and let you know what I think

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Polishing and waxing are two very different things and no single product will do both well.
Go to your local car re-finishers supplier and buy some straight polish and their cheap wax for new cars (contains no polish).
Next polish the car until shiny, then apply wax very sparingly with a damp muslin cloth or foam applicator, then buff up.

If the car isn't shiny repeat as above...

To make cars quick and handle well, Colin Chapman said 'just add lightness'....to make cars shiny and reflect well, just add flatness.

99% of a good job when 'detailing' (groan..) a car is application, not product.

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
This colour just won't have the depth of shine as say a tamzenite (dark) blue. But as others say, clay or cut - then polish/seal .

We have three cars to look after, so I have invested in an orbital polisher (round £25 from ebay). thats help even and thorough application. That said, above is more important that the product. I use meguires and also cheap wax (from last trip to states) and there is no real visible difference - the beading effect on both lasts a few months.I garage mine so it doesn't get the UV/acid rain erosion that more rapidly degrades the other cars that sit on the drive

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom