What valuation will i get on my car

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
Evening all,

I will be trading in my C300 in 6 weeks time and wondered what you think i should be getting as a trade in price.
The car is in great condition inside and out, full merc service history, 20 plate so just coming up to four years old.
When i ordered my new car...not a merc :-( it was valued at 24.5K, that was september, it was taken in today for a PX valuation so i was wondering what you guys think it may be worth before they send me their valuation.

I going for a BMW and its the BMW dealer who are do the valuation....

We buy any car are saying 19k which they will chip away at....interested to know your thoughts

Cheers

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
Everything has gone mad with price increases, so there should be no exception for your trade in value. Just remember that when they try to stitch you up! ;)

RATATTAK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2008/5461cc
I will take this opportunity to ask if we have a 'For Sale' thread on here. I know other sites do for readers' cars, but can't find one here. (I have searched) Perhaps the Mods will confirm. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Since you are going to BMW your car is worth nothing.
Perhaps look on a few sites to get an idea.
Car industry has suffered over the years - expect a shocking price and to see in on the forecourt with a huge markup in a few months. Doesn't look like a car for auction.
If you have the old valuation stick it under their nose, but be wary what you gain on px they will negate in the purchase.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Try Auto Trader, they will value it otherwise WBAC or CarWow

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Since you are going to BMW your car is worth nothing.
Perhaps look on a few sites to get an idea.
Car industry has suffered over the years - expect a shocking price and to see in on the forecourt with a huge markup in a few months. Doesn't look like a car for auction.
If you have the old valuation stick it under their nose, but be wary what you gain on px they will negate in the purchase.

If they are an authorised BMW dealer, they will definitely put the car into an auction, they won't take a Mercedes into their own stock.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
My son sold his W213 220d 16 plate through Motorway in all fairness BMW did offer him a reasonable valuation against a 530d 21 plate but he bettered it with Motorway by £400

Sytner Group are a better bet re P/E valuation they deal in a multitude of marques and will retail your car

Last edited:
OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
well £15.5 was the improved offer!
Its a company vehicle but its in my interest to get the best price i can for it.
looking on Motorway, they have a tracker and the prices have really fallen over the last few months....but i still think its a lowball.

The new car is ordered and i will get it 1st March so the BMW dealer really has no real incentive to go full out....

Motorway and WBAC have prices in the region of £20k, but thats a hassle i dont want or need, but if i have to i will.

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
Does the new car come with the optional indicator extra package :D
Seems very few cars come with that option these days......optional PHYCHIC power is preferred. :)

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag F-Pace, BMW Z4
We've traded a handful of cars over the last 4 years and every time we have said what the We buy Any Car quote is various dealers have matched or slightly improved on it :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Motorway and WBAC have prices in the region of £20k, but thats a hassle i dont want or need, but if i have to i will.

Couldn't be simpler, a friend of mine sold her Disco 5 on Motorway, they came down, inspected it and the money was in her account in 15mins then they drove off in it

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I recently sold my car through CarWow. The process was hassle free (they guide you through its) and my car sold and was picked up within 72 hours of putting the advert together for substantially more than We Buy Any Car gave as a valuation.

SL63 Mark

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R231 SL63 AMG
Does anybody still sell their cars privately these days ? I sold my SL55 privately, and was very pleased with the price I got. (£19K)

WBAC offer was a joke. (£8,500, IRRC)

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Does anybody still sell their cars privately these days ? I sold my SL55 privately, and was very pleased with the price I got. (£19K)

Of the last three I've sold, two went via Motorway, one privately to a friend.

As you suggest, WBAC were poor in their valuation, with Motorway beating them substantially. The most difficult part of the Motorway process was taking pictures which they accepted, at the correct angle to enable everything to fit in the frame. Also, Motorway seemed a lot easier the first time I dealt with them, they now seem to have a few more staff who try to knock the price on trivial things. My "wheel damage" was a dirty mark, wiped off with a finger.

I'd never sell anything of any value privately again, even to friends. There are just too many horror stories really. I may try Car Wow next though not in a rush to sell anything at the moment. I still get valuations from both Car Wow and Motorway every so often but won't bother with WBAC or any of the others.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014

It really depends on what you're trying to sell.
For the more powerful or expensive cars there are too many chancers who just want a test drive or video for social media and aren't really interested in buying, then you have the scammers to contend with.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I made the mistake of asking WBAC for a valuation of my S204. Not only was it very low, it has resulted in daily emails from them chasing me to sell to them - and whether it's my PC or the hotmail account I used, the "unsuscribe" link does nothing!

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
It really depends on what you're trying to sell.
For the more powerful or expensive cars there are too many chancers who just want a test drive or video for social media and aren't really interested in buying, then you have the scammers to contend with.

I always like to put the money into the hands of a private seller who may have had a sudden change in circumstances and needs to put food on the table for their family etc or, just genuinely fancies a change etc.

Bought stuff upto 55k privately and it’s nice to get a feel for car beyond the metal and paperwork by gauging the sort of person whose owned it and the life it’s had. This has also helped me decide against a car not long ago when on the face of it, it seemed all good and then the owner admitted to always thrashing it from cold as it’s bullet proof, another the owner didn’t care for speed humps. The honest, genuine private sellers are ace and far beat any dealer experience. Sadly too many now seem to be trading into dealers for the ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V

v3burn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300 AMG Line
thanks for feedback.
its a company car i am looking to trade in, our company buys our cars and we usually trade them in at the dealer we are getting the new car from, however we felt that the dealer really didnt want the car as all they would do is auction it off somewhere.
i must admit trying to sell a car which isnt mine is a first for me, but our company are great allowing us a car of our choice (within Reason) so i dont have a problem trying to get rid of it for them....
wish me luck is all i can say :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom