Wheel alignment

Andy Mac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 w204 coupe 2012
Can anyone help I had my c204 2012 220cdi wheel alignment done at kiwi fit yesterday and know I have to steer to the right to keep it from pulling left. I live in south London can anyone recommend somewhere to go so I can check to see if it’s correct as I don’t trust them to correct it. Thanks in advance

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I'd still keep an eye on a Kwik Fit Fitter even if he/she was just putting air in my tyres.
I'm a bit far away to help, but have a search for those garages that have Hunter's wheel alignment kit ..... obviously they still need to know how to use it and to what figures.
Wheels in Motion are apparently THE place to go if you're anywhere near them

OP
A

Andy Mac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 w204 coupe 2012
I'd still keep an eye on a Kwik Fit Fitter even if he/she was just putting air in my tyres.
I'm a bit far away to help, but have a search for those garages that have Hunter's wheel alignment kit ..... obviously they still need to know how to use it and to what figures.
Wheels in Motion are apparently THE place to go if you're anywhere near them
That’s what they used supposedly.I’ve found a Indy in bexleyheath they have John bean setup hopefully they can set the steering up correctly wish I hadn’t had it done Know.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Andy since you have already paid the Kwik fit for this service I would recommend to pay them another visit and demand from them to fix the issue for free
Why got through the pain - if they cannot get it right then they do not know what they are doing and are blindly following the 'machine'

Rozgi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300h y2014
I have had a visit to the local Kwikfit (rebalance my wheels) and they also measured the wheel alignment (e-class 2014 wagon, stand suspension: air in the rear and steel at the front).
They have come up with these readings: Camber L Rear -1.52, R Rear: -2.06. I think these values need to be at -1.35 (-.60 +.30) on each side.
Could anyone tell me if those camber adjusting bolts (sold by MB as well as by 3rd party suppliers) does work for the rear axle? If so how many degrees they can adjust?
Also if it is 0.60 deg off the mark after 120 miles (2-3 mm in the geometry), could it not making sense to find the worn bushes and replace the arm?

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
They have come up with these readings: Camber L Rear -1.52, R Rear: -2.06. I think these values need to be at -1.35 (-.60 +.30) on each side.
Did you tell them to give you the rear camber readings or do they do that any way when you go for wheel balancing..?

Donald McPherson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180 komp elegance se a 2005
Only as good as the mechanic that is doing the job no matter where you go.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Where ever you live there is always the ’go -to’ wheel alignment place always best to ask around or do a search on the internet for recommendations

Rozgi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300h y2014
Did you tell them to give you the rear camber readings or do they do that any way when you go for wheel balancing..?
You can book a free of charge wheel alignment check. They did it then gave me no print (due to COVID they said) and allowed me to take a photo of the screen showing the initial measurements. Then they ve tried to sell me some strange wheel alignment subscriptions what I was less interested in.

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Try and track down a place with a Hunter Hawkeye. Usually these places will be very good and know how to properly align a car.

Only time we have come across issues where a customer still reports a pulling effect of any sort has always been down to play in suspension/steering components upon investigation. Also, not 100% sure on your application but, some cars are designed to pull to one side nowadays from the factory settings. IIRC I was told that this was to encourage a vehicle to drift to its nearside in the event of driver issues.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
You can book a free of charge wheel alignment check. They did it then gave me no print (due to COVID they said) and allowed me to take a photo of the screen showing the initial measurements. Then they ve tried to sell me some strange wheel alignment subscriptions what I was less interested in.
Thanks. I understand now.
Was the front alignment OK..?
If you have not noticed your car pulling left or right, then your wheel alignment is perfect for the roads you drive on. Just leave it as it is.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Wheels in Motion in Buckinghamshire are THE go-to place for alignment. Not cheap but they know what they're doing and carry all parts required to adjust the settings.
Rear camber is adjustable from the factory if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom