Wheel alignment

martinh4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97 E230 avantgarde estate
Hello eveyone, New to the forum, Recently bought a 97 E230, very pleased with the car but have a couple of queries regarding the wheels. I could see uneven tyre wear and thought the handling did not seem as sure as I would of expected so took it to Kwikfit to have tracking done, They told me they would not do it and it would have to go into a Mercedes dealer to be done, is this true? they also pointed out I had spacers on the wheels which meant they were not the right ones for the car and that was another reason they would not track them, or even balance them! I wasnt too impressed with their general attitude towards the car and thought I would look into they said before I took it elsewhere, any advice would be appreciated. I was told the wheels were off a later model e class, but that wouldnt mean it needed spacers would it? tyre are 215/55 zr16 97w. thanks all.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, we need more info and some details of the wheels on the car, also are the spacers hub centric

LYNALL

Reaction score
Stick a pic of the wheels up.

Wifes old 97 e320 had same size tyres/wheels as yours.

Google 4 wheel alignment.

Lynall

OP
M

martinh4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
wheel pic

Thanks for advice, Pic of wheel attached.

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
M

martinh4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it a matter of fitting hubcentric spacers? do I need a particular size or type? have found a couple of local centres that do 4 wheel alignment wil try them tmrw, thanks again for advice.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If that wheel is from a 211, the the bolt holes are the wrong size. the 210 uses 12mm and the 211 14mm, so there will be next to nothing holding them on

OP
M

martinh4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got the wheel alignement and balancing done this morning, what a difference!

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom