Wheel Centre Caps

Matty H

Reaction score
I've got some replica 18" wheels on my SLK (not mercedes replicas), and wondered if I could buy some original Merc centre caps to put in them?

To save me the hassle of taking the wheel off & removing it / measuring it etc, does anyone know if they would fit?

I've been told that the hole diameter of the originals are 66.6mm.

Also - under the petrol flap, it shows recommended tyre pressures, which is obviously for standard fitted 16" wheels I should imagine? Should the PSI still be the same if 18's are fitted?

Thanks.

marshie001

Reaction score
you don't state what sort of wheels they are! only 'replicas' if they arent mercedes replicas what are they replicas of?
if you need to know if a standard 66.6mm mercedes centre cap will fit why not just measure the wheel?

OP
M

Matty H

Reaction score
marshie001 said:
you don't state what sort of wheels they are! only 'replicas' if they arent mercedes replicas what are they replicas of?
if you need to know if a standard 66.6mm mercedes centre cap will fit why not just measure the wheel?

They are actually a wheel by a company called Kahn...

Regarding the size - it's difficult to measure the hole diameter without removing the wheel, because the outside of the centre cap is wider than the hole in the wheel...

I just thought somebody might know without me having to remove the wheel...

marshie001

Reaction score
you still havent stated what style of kahn alloy they are, i wouldn't think they would fit though as mercedes centre bore is quite large compared to other cars, failing that try to find some self adhesive ones on e bay or something!

OP
M

Matty H

Reaction score
marshie001 said:
you still havent stated what style of kahn alloy they are, i wouldn't think they would fit though as mercedes centre bore is quite large compared to other cars, failing that try to find some self adhesive ones on e bay or something!

Thanks Marshie - got it sorted now...

The bore was actually 60mm on the Kahn RSS wheels, whereas Merc bores are closer to 75mm.

I need some stickers or something?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom