Wheel Nut Torque Settings

Paulopt2248

Reaction score
Hi,

Can any member tell me the correct torque setting for the wheel nuts on a Merc C Class W203 with 17" alloy wheels?. I had new rear tyres fitted recently and wanted to check the nut settings.

I believe they should be around 65 LB/FT for both steel and alloy wheels, but wanted to check here.

Many Thanks,
Paul

C320 CDi

popuptoaster

Reaction score
Ive never used a torque wrench on a wheel nut in me life, just use the supplied wheelbrace and do em up tight as you can, its designed to be the right length to give roughly the right amount of tightness.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
I've been using one recently, and, of course assuming it's accurate, it does the bolts up looser than I would do them without the torque wrench. I can't resist giving them an extra tweak.

Checked them a week later (never bothered before) and still seemed fine.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300TD/1998/3.0 Diesel
Hi

110Nm is correct, i use a torque wrench when i can but remember these figures are for free turning bolts. Rightly or wrongly i alway apply a little bit of grease to the threads and the hub where the wheel centres. Leaves them easily removed.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom