Wheel offsets..

JPCLK

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I would like some advise please, I have a w208 clk 230, I have been offered some 17" AMG alloys for it that have come off an A class. they look just the same as the ones on a friend of mine's CLK. will they fit is my question ?

Thanks in advance
James

clive williams

Reaction score
JPCLK said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I would like some advise please, I have a w208 clk 230, I have been offered some 17" AMG alloys for it that have come off an A class. they look just the same as the ones on a friend of mine's CLK. will they fit is my question ?

Thanks in advance
James

James,

Check out the rear face of the spokes of the new alloys, they should have the size on them i.e. ?Jx17 H2 ET? Also check out your wheels - from the hand book will do and then compare them. If you need assistance post the sizes again and I will do the maths.

Clive

500E
E320CDIT210

marnix

Reaction score
Hi,
All the CLK's (W208 model ) should have an ET 35 for the 17" wheels

OP
J

JPCLK

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys, I have spoken to to guy with the wheels and he has told me that the front wheels are ET57 and the Rear are ET49.
The other info he gave me was the following 7J 17 H2. So will the wheels fit ?

Thanks James

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you have ESP and you have, you cant use wheels with that offset, Max offset difference 2-3 no more.

malcolm

clive williams

Reaction score
television said:
If you have ESP and you have, you cant use wheels with that offset, Max offset difference 2-3 no more.

malcolm

Malcolm, I've read this advice before but the more I read it the greater the question why? The ESP utilises the ABS sensors and yaw detectors, which have nothing to do with the wheel offsets. In this particular case there is a concern regarding the eccentric loading on the wheel bearings if fitted but that is all in relation to the dynamics of the vehicle.

Clive

500E
E320CDIT210

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
clive williams said:
Malcolm, I've read this advice before but the more I read it the greater the question why? The ESP utilises the ABS sensors and yaw detectors, which have nothing to do with the wheel offsets. In this particular case there is a concern regarding the eccentric loading on the wheel bearings if fitted but that is all in relation to the dynamics of the vehicle.

Clive

500E
E320CDIT210

Hello Clive, My SL handbook gives a warning on this, Though I know what ESP does, I just got around last night to reading all the working parts and set up, when I have learnt a little more I will come back, and you can see what you think.

Regards Malcolm

clive williams

Reaction score
JPCLK said:
Thanks for the replys guys, I have spoken to to guy with the wheels and he has told me that the front wheels are ET57 and the Rear are ET49.
The other info he gave me was the following 7J 17 H2. So will the wheels fit ?

Thanks James

James, if Marnix is right then you will need 32mm (1 1/4") spacers, which is horrific! Don't do it and see a psychiatrist instead:p

Seriously, the spacers will put a huge load on the front wheel bearings, equivalent to 62mm wider wheels i.e 9.5J wheel loadings

Clive

500E
E320CDIT210

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom