When is a discount not a discount?

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
Recently added a second car to my existing policy.

Before I did it, I got on-line quotes for both cars. Then I phoned the insurer and asked what discount I would get for insuring two vehicles with them.
'Fifteen per cent sir,' they said.
Good news.

The catch is this:
Both policy quotes (which were very acceptable, saving me a total of £260 over last year) being 'on line' quotes, were lower than if I had approached them through the mail for quotes. The fifteen percent comes off the higher quotes, not the on-line prices.

The result is that I am better off buying on-line without a discount.
I'll know for next time!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I've recently moved to Privelige for all my cars and asked them for multi car discount.

"Oh yes sir. That has been applied".

"How much is it please?"

"Ah... I can't tell you that sir. It's automatically applied to the quote for your qualifying car."

So the question is, is there really a discount or not? Currently have 4 wagons on with them...

stwat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 300SE
When is a discount not a discount?

When its an ECP discount.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Doesn't matter what size the discount - if any - is.
Its the bottom line that counts !

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom