where can i buy these

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E240 W210 Avant Garde Sedan 2.4 v6
In my first post i asked for advice on removing my bootlid. and I got some good answers. my next problem is, where can i buy the 4 bolts that hold the bootlid onto the arms. I cannot find them listed anywhere. So I am hoping you guys are going to come up with the answers again.

Attachments

• mercedes boot bolt.jpg
    mercedes boot bolt.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 42

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Give Mercedes Grangemouth a call, they'll have the correct part number and do discount for forum members

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
In my first post i asked for advice on removing my bootlid. and I got some good answers. my next problem is, where can i buy the 4 bolts that hold the bootlid onto the arms. I cannot find them listed anywhere. So I am hoping you guys are going to come up with the answers again.

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
WHAT THE FFS HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH MY POST

MB Grangemouth are sponsors of this forum. They offer special discounts to members. Their delivery costs are also minimal. They are probably the best source for the parts you need. As per post 2.

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Winner of the internet for the weirdest post so far this year. One wonders why the bolts need replacing anyway.
this one does not wonder, he knows. during disassembly 2 of the bolts went walkies, don't ask why because if I knew where they went, they would not be lost.

Bubble

Reaction score
Website
www.motacar.com
Your Mercedes
E350 Coupe CDI / Land-Rover Discovery 4 / Nissan Skyline 650bhp R.I.P.
They are normally to be found in the last place that you look, along with a 10mm socket!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
this one does not wonder, he knows. during disassembly 2 of the bolts went walkies, don't ask why because if I knew where they went, they would not be lost.
Do you understand the advice posted above as to where you can get them from?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Looks like an M6 x 20 possibly 25mm. 1.25 thread. On the head of the bolt will be either 8.8 (most likely) or possibly 10.9? Jeez it's so many years since I did this sort of stuff I can barely remember, lol. Once upon a time I just had to look at a bolt and could tell you all about it.
There will be a particular part number available from MB Grangemouth or as an alternative go to your local hardware store and take one of the old ones with you, they will be able to match it. If they don't have the bolt with the flared head just get four spring washers to suit, M6 I reckon.
I'd be better able to tell if there was some reference for scale, even your thumb, lol.

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Looks like an M6 x 20 possibly 25mm. 1.25 thread. On the head of the bolt will be either 8.8 (most likely) or possibly 10.9? Jeez it's so many years since I did this sort of stuff I can barely remember, lol. Once upon a time I just had to look at a bolt and could tell you all about it.
There will be a particular part number available from MB Grangemouth or as an alternative go to your local hardware store and take one of the old ones with you, they will be able to match it. If they don't have the bolt with the flared head just get four spring washers to suit, M6 I reckon.
I'd be better able to tell if there was some reference for scale, even your thumb, lol.
I found a pack of four on ebay in USA so i bought them. the only trouble is that USA has the slowest postal system in the world. I found some bolts that would normally hold a wall mounting bracket onto a tv that fit, only trouble is they only have Phillips head, so not sure if I can tighten them up enough. but should last until uncle sam delivers. and i guessed 6mm and they are

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I'm sure that even B&Q would have M6 bolts. :shock:

I found a pack of four on ebay in USA so i bought them. the only trouble is that USA has the slowest postal system in the world. I found some bolts that would normally hold a wall mounting bracket onto a tv that fit, only trouble is they only have Phillips head, so not sure if I can tighten them up enough. but should last until uncle sam delivers. and i guessed 6mm and they are

Now that you mention it Andy I'm positive you're right, I saw nuts and bolts and washers at my local B&Q recently when I was looking for hardware to do my garage roof and it totally went right out of my head.

Take one of the remaining bolts with you to B&Q to double check the diameter, thread type and length Robert, you'll get them there a lot quicker than waiting to get them from America.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Did MB Grangemouth not have them ? , They normally do next day delivery for a few quid ?

OP
R

robert ives

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did MB Grangemouth not have them ? , They normally do next day delivery for a few quid ?
I am in south east London, cannot get an answer from any dealer in this area. So I have used temporary bolts until I get delivery from USA. Picture of Finished job enclosed. 20200628_110510.jpg

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom