Where can I get a reversing camera retrofitted?!

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
It really isnt a big job to DIY , if you have a HU that will support a switched video input.

I removed mine and sent it to Comandonline to get it coded for the camera , i also got the maps updated whilst it was there.

The rest is just removing trim and running cables.

If i were to do it again on an older vehicle i would just replace the HU with an android unit that has all the bells and whistles straight from the box . it would possibly be cheaper in the long run. The standard unit could be replaced if you were selling the car if the new owner wanted originality.

Kenny

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
…. a bit pricey in this day and age (ask nicely about a forum discount and come back and say how great they are when its done)

the genuine wiring looms seem to push it up more than I would expect. On my DAB they had front and rear seats out of the car to run the loom. Yes we can all cut, splice and bodge a few wires under the carpet and cut yet more to bodge in an emulator rattling under the dash to fool the electronics and break a few bits of trim because never did it on that model before … that's NOT what comandonline does.

what was the price to buy the option when it was new.... that's a good guide then remember the extra work to retrofit without breaking all the trim clips - also depends how long you keep the car, 6 Chinese fakes going pop all day long, or 10 years of peace of mind

£640 was the price as an option for the rear camera when the car was new... but then the module for the active guide lines was $2000 last time I checked on a USA website

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom