Why????

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Why the Flipping heck does a van need sports mode?...
Am I extremely thick or does the S mean sports mode in a VW transporter?
So... My transit is in getting repaired due to the over heating issue and I was given a 2019 15000 mile VW transporter and it is a beast very quick for a van but the sports mode just makes the auto box rev up to 4500 revs as far as I can see.
I prefer my transit as I nearly went through the windscreen when I picked this up. (thinking brake was the clutch at 45 mph) not good.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
why not have a sports mode on a van ..... if it's good enough for a car :rolleyes:

all vehicles should be automatic anyway & then you'll not need to dip a none existent clutch! :D ....

when you're proficient with 2 pedals you can learn to left foot brake - it's the future! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I suppose it is cheaper to put a standard lump and gearbox into it rather than modify one to suit the commercial requirements of the Transporter :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I suppose it is cheaper to put a standard lump and gearbox into it rather than modify one to suit the commercial requirements of the Transporter :rolleyes:
Exactly this ^^^

Commercial vehicles make up about 5% of total MB sales volume...

OP
Dean Fletcher

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
why not have a sports mode on a van ..... if it's good enough for a car :rolleyes:

all vehicles should be automatic anyway & then you'll not need to dip a none existent clutch! :D ....

when you're proficient with 2 pedals you can learn to left foot brake - it's the future! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Haha ill have to try the old left foot braking.
I'm sure it's almost as quick as my car even tho it says 0 to 62 is 11.2 seconds.

rifiki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK W209 W121190B
Have been left foot braking since mid/late 1950s where possible. The CLK brake pedal is too far to the right, wifes Ford Fusion brake pedal is in the correct position for left foot braking.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
***update****
Left foot braking is not for me. #sorehead.
Practice makes perfect...
I’ve done whole journeys just by using my left foot... things you do when you’re bored...:rolleyes:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Why the Flipping heck does a van need sports mode?...
Am I extremely thick or does the S mean sports mode in a VW transporter?
So... My transit is in getting repaired due to the over heating issue and I was given a 2019 15000 mile VW transporter and it is a beast very quick for a van but the sports mode just makes the auto box rev up to 4500 revs as far as I can see.
I prefer my transit as I nearly went through the windscreen when I picked this up. (thinking brake was the clutch at 45 mph) not good.
U sure that aint w,winter s summer.?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom