1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will dealers source a car for you?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by bensonhedges, Nov 24, 2012.

1. bensonhedges

bensonhedges Guest

For my next car, I know what I want in terms of model, colour, interior colour and must have features. Can I go into my main Mercedes dealership and ask them to find this for me?

Does anyone have experience of this?
    Thanks

2. mika63

mika63 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes-Benz
    Hi Benson
    I did just that recently and found it ideal as i didnt want to wait for the usual 16 weeks or so for delivery. If i recall although i had been in unspecific discussions for several weeks once i had specified they found me a car and i had taken delivery in less than a week.
    One thing i would say is dont just use their on line checker/data base to search
    they have others just arriving that they can search out, well that was the case previously
    good luck:)
    you could go to two or three main dealers if you wish

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  3. st4

st4 Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Disqualified driver
    On a used car, its best to search the internet. MB dealer network.

You can filter by price and add in must have equipment to find the right car. That car may not be too close to home, but the UK is small so its only a day or two out your life to go and collect and sort out the right car for you.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  4. tode

tode Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S350 btec 2011
    As st4, if you want to buy from dealer.

Their site is HERE

5. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 cgi Estate & Range Rover TDV8
    Far easier and cheaper to just search yourself, then call the dealer who has the car and buy it.

If you get your local dealer to get it for you there will be far less the play with financially, plus you just tend to get offered 'close but no cigar' cars all the time.

6. hawk20

hawk20 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    ML250 BlueTEC Sport
    Depends if he is looking new or secondhand. If new asking the dealer to find exactly what you want works well. But if they cannot find your exact spec in the system, you can find a dealer with a build slot that has not yet been fully specced and get them to spec it to exactly what you want. I've done that a number of times. Works well.

7. OP
    bensonhedges

bensonhedges Guest

Sorry I should have been clearer - I am looking for a used car.

8. Mic

Mic Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
  9. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    The dealer will simply search the approved car database, you may as well do this yourself and save yourself a load of money.

10. teabag

teabag Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2001 W163 ML270 CDI
    From one of my previous posts:
    "so I took the plunge and ordered a brand new W246 B180CDi last Monday.
    I did not have a lot of choice as far as specification and trim levels were were concerned as I needed the car pretty quickly and was not prepared to wait the 4 or 5 months quoted by MB of Sunderland if I were to order a car to my taste. I told them I needed a diesel automatic and they found a white B180CDi SE which was sitting in Bristol as a result of a cancelled order for immediate delivery.
    The only extra specified on this car was "Lumbar adjustment" at an extra cost of £164, so I said I would take it if they filled the tank and gave me a set of mats. I took delivery of the car last Thursday complete with a full fuel tank and 4 velour mats"

11. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:

So, your discount consisted of a tank of fuel and a set of mats?

And there I rest my case, getting a dealer to source a car for you will leave them with very little to play with financially.

I would expect around £1600-2500 off that car buying from stock.