Will W205 roof bars fit W204?

Zimbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C220CDI Elegance '04
Hi all,

It’s been a few years since I’ve had a MB (and even more since I last posted here) but I’ve just bought a 2012 W204 C220 saloon (love it so far!).

I would like to carry bikes most weekends so am deciding on roof bars or tow bar - roof bars seem more cost effective at the moment.

So after that brief intro, I’ve seen some used W205 bars going at a good price and I’m wondering if anyone has any experience in whether W205 roof bars will fit W204? Part number A2058900093.

Looking at random photos that I can find online, the mounts on the rails look similar but not sure if they’re identical and I’m wondering if the width of the bars would be different.

I could go and try them but it’s a bit of a drive away and I won’t be able to go until next weekend.

Cheers
Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Don’t know 100% but I’d doubt it

OP
Z

Zimbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks guys. I had been looking around but the ones I was interested in are £60 so a pretty good deal! Just wondered if anyone had any experience with these. Or if anyone would be willing to measure the width of the mounting points on their W205 saloon!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
According to Thule the parts needed (Bars and feet) are identical BUT the fixing kit is different so I would suspect that a W205 bar will not fit a W204 as the mounting points are different

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zimbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Jbell, interesting to know. I may take the plunge and see if I can source the right fixings.

OP
Z

Zimbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That’s great info, thanks for that!

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom