Window Problems - My windows don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbkahuna66

New Registration
Reaction score
I have an '84 300 turbo diesel, and my passenger window, the window behind the drivers seat, and the sun roof don't work.  I've checked the fuses and they seem to be fine, and my friend thinks its the window regulators.  Could someone tell me if that is the problem... and then tell me how to fix them myself.  Thanks a lot... please e-mail me if you have any information that could help at bbkahuna66@yahoo.com

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
Window Problems

Sun roof is likely to have seized its cables. It's a fairly major job to rectify. I know on the 190 you have to take the back screen out.

Don't know about your windows, but I suspect it's more likely to be electrical than the regulators.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Window Problems

The fault sounds electrical. Try swapping the switches from working windows to the dead ones to eliminate them from the equation. ALso clean the fuse box connectors where the fuses fit in. Mine were corroded and causing blown fuses and fuses that were OK to not make a connection.

T

TonyL

Window Problems

Hi All, I have similar stuck windows on a 93 C180. I have taken the motors apart to clean the brushes and commutator and this fixes the problem temporarily. The window gets stuck closed and when you flip the switch I can hear a relay click from the rear of the car. Can someone tell me what the regulator is? I guess there is something to check when the window is at the end of the travel to switch it off. Is that the regulator? Where is it?

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
Window Problems

The term regulator means the mechanical mechanism for raising and lowering the window glass. It's nothing to do with the electrics.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Window Problems

Dear Kahuna

I had a similar problem to the one that you posted on
the Mercedes owners club site. On my 1992 250D the
drivers window would go down, then refuse to come up,
also the sun roof would open of its own accord.

I tried everything that i could think of, (i'm an ex
mechanic) eventually out of desperation i went to my
local Mercedes dealer, where to my delight I found
that the service manager was an ex colleague of mine.
He pointed me in the direction of the "Comfort Relay"
which is situated under the rear seat.

This relay is huge, and nothing like i've ever seen
before, plus the one for my model was £125!!

Anyway, i hope this is of use and not to late.

Good luck

Dave Elcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom