Window wind up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Halsey

Reaction score
My 190E 2.6 1990 is doin some funny things!!
Last week the windows packed up, I checked the fuses but they were ok. I then found I could open and close the windows when at least one door is open, otherwise not. That makes for fun when the rain starts and yer doin 80 on the motorway!!
Does anyone (well Andy) know if theres a relay or similar?
All other electricaral items work from the ign switch.
Yours
Desperate of Hertfordshire

Neil Eglintine

Reaction score
I seem to remember that the 190 windows don't work with the ignition off unless the door is open. I suspect that the ignition controlled supply has a break in it and you are relying on the secondary supply via the door switches.

It is a while since I had a 190 with lecky windows, and of course I could have lost my mind...

Matt Crooke

Reaction score
Yeah, Neil is right, the windows only work with the ignition off, when the drivers door is open..its a safety thing apparently to stop kids wandering fingers getting trapped in the windows.

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
Hi Matt,

The vehicle is fitted with a comfort circuit diode. Its fitted on the underside of the fuse box. You can get to it by droping the os under tray down. You will find a mass of wires. The best thing to do is pop down to your local dealer. They should be able to find on their EPC parts catolouge. The diode will have a letter stamped on. When looking at those wires on the fuse box. You will notice if you pull one out that they plug in and are coded by letters. Find the correct one. Its only a two pin one so that will narrow it down a little. Replace it and try again. That should sort it. If not the problem will be a little deep rooted. From memory that should sort it.

Regards
Andy @ www.mercedesservicing.com

The diode is only a few quid. Relatively inexpensive.

OP
D

David Halsey

Reaction score
Thanks Andy,

I'll try this and let u know

OP
D

David Halsey

Reaction score
Problem sorted!!

Turned out to be a relay in the fuse box (001 542 2219) this has also solved the ABS and ASD problems I have been having
MAGIC BOX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom