Windscreen misting up

OP
C

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
Well Terry at WG had my car in today & checked the drains,pollen filter etc & couldn't find anything wrong.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Well Terry at WG had my car in today & checked the drains,pollen filter etc & couldn't find anything wrong.
What settings are you using on the vents , full auto , manual with all air directed at screen etc ? Maybe try the opposite to what you are doing ?

OP
C

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
What settings are you using on the vents , full auto , manual with all air directed at screen etc ? Maybe try the opposite to what you are doing ?

Tried most if not all.Screen demists pretty quickly when full demist selected.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Tried most if not all.Screen demists pretty quickly when full demist selected.
It's a weird one , if the Indy couldn't fathom it and none of the above suggestions have panned out (or held water :D )

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
For the very first time I had some misting of my screen last week. My a/c is always set to 'auto' but the top half misted up when the outside ambient went to very cold fairly quickly ie as we climbed the M62 over the Pennines and it started to snow. Wether it was just the temp differential or the fact I was also towing a large twin axle I'm not sure ..... :confused: A quick press of the demist cleared it very quickly.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
When the cabin air filter starts to get clogged, does it trigger a warning on the dash? Or is it a case it has to be removed and inspected to see what it's condition is?
Regards, Jim2

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
When the cabin air filter starts to get clogged, does it trigger a warning on the dash? Or is it a case it has to be removed and inspected to see what it's condition is?
Regards, Jim2
No I don't think there's a warning , should be changed every 2 years on B service . I don't think inspecting it really helps to see if the fine particles are clogging it up .

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
And you can absolutely guarantee that if its been dealer serviced it will be clogged.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Regards, Jim2

By the time you've gone to the effort of removing the pollen filter(s) on a lot of cars, you might as well replace it/them.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
By the time you've gone to the effort of removing the pollen filter(s) on a lot of cars, you might as well replace it/them.
It's astonishing on some cars how much you have to dismantle to change a pollen filter, even basic stuff. Fortunately most replacements seem to come with precise instructions on how to do it.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Does anyone’s AC on here get REALLY cold (like icy) when on LO?
Mine was (I thought ) Inop last year and I got it checked and regassed (MB Liverpool were doing a special), to be honest the weather turned and I didn’t check it properly at the time.
Couple of weeks ago returning from MSL on that hot Friday I was getting as hot inside as outside the car , no matter what setting I tried , just couldn’t get the car cold enough.
Maybe I’m expecting too much but the XC90 delivers icy coldness when asked...
I have Tier 1 so might just dump it off with MB Cheshire Oaks to fix

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
Mine was (I thought ) Inop last year and I got it checked and regassed (MB Liverpool were doing a special), to be honest the weather turned and I didn’t check it properly at the time.
Couple of weeks ago returning from MSL on that hot Friday I was getting as hot inside as outside the car , no matter what setting I tried , just couldn’t get the car cold enough.
Think you have a fault there John - should be icy. Strange that it should have filled at Liverpool if there was a leak. Alternatively buy a convertible.;)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Just tried 'Malcolm' and with an ambient exterior temp of 20 he was 4 degrees in the centre vents after 2 minutes.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Think you have a fault there John - should be icy. Strange that it should have filled at Liverpool if there was a leak. Alternatively buy a convertible.;)
Agreed Pete- just driven up to Windermere for our 10th anniversary and it’s inop
Now got a burnt knapper!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Daft thing though is nothing showing on diagnostic and also it’s showing good refrigerant quality - weird

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Windermere - one of my favourite places.
Yip gorgeous ! Stayed at a place called the Ryebeck stunning views and location .... food let it down sadly despite all the positive reviews

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5

Yes John
This CL can chuck out ice cold air ... even on the hottest days. If you turn it to LO its not long before you turn it up, as it becomes unpleasantly cold.

Just basic main dealer servicing .. never asked them to check or do anything special so no idea as tostate of refrigerant.

I do notice on a hot day, if you had it set on very cold a lot, when you stop then water comes out of the bottom near back of front wheel arches .. as all the SL500s did this I assumed its normal.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yes John
This CL can chuck out ice cold air ... even on the hottest days. If you turn it to LO its not long before you turn it up, as it becomes unpleasantly cold.

Just basic main dealer servicing .. never asked them to check or do anything special so no idea as tostate of refrigerant.

I do notice on a hot day, if you had it set on very cold a lot, when you stop then water comes out of the bottom near back of front wheel arches .. as all the SL500s did this I assumed its normal.
It is and thanks...totally confirms my AC is goosed!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom