Windscreen washer delay.

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220CDI BlueEFF SE Premium Estate/Auto/2015/Diesel
My car has suddenly decided to not squirt screenwash until the stalk has been pressed for a good few seconds rather than squirting instantly as it did before. I am assuming there is an airlock somewhere??? If so, how do I clear it? If not, what could it be? It's very frustrating as the wipers run dry for 2 or 3 wipes before any liquid appears, grinding any grit etc against the screen.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Assuming its still under warranty, take it back to the dealer and insist they fix it! If you have a play around they might find a way to back out of it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its too new for us to know:(

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
If you lift the bonnet and press the squirt button, can you hear the pump working?

I suspect that there is a leak or a non-return value has failed, allowing the washer fluid to drain back into the reservoir.

Eitherway, as has been pointed out the car is in warranty so I'd let the dealer fix it (free of charge).

OP
J

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you lift the bonnet and press the squirt button, can you hear the pump working?

I suspect that there is a leak or a non-return value has failed, allowing the washer fluid to drain back into the reservoir.

Eitherway, as has been pointed out the car is in warranty so I'd let the dealer fix it (free of charge).

Thanks all. I can hear the pump working, will give it to the dealer to see if they can sort it. However seeing as it is not due a service for 10 months I was hoping not to have to book it in, etc etc just for that but it is very annoying so I guess I'll have to.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If the pump is working,,, check that no wash fluid is running out under the car, a pipe could be off

OP
J

jpbp200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I know it was a while ago but it turned out to be the washer nozzles. They replaced the pump first but that did not cure it.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom