Winter storage - Humidity control

Paul Woodman

Reaction score
Winters here and I'm considering creating a controlled storage environment for my 300SL. Does anyone know the ideal conditions of temperature & humidity for winter storage ?

DavidBlake

Reaction score
Winter storage

I have plumbed in a dehumidifier in my garage (£200 from Wickes) It has a humidistat fitted so you simply turn up enough to eliminate condensation on/in/under the car. Very easy to install, but make sure unit has a plumb in option and works at low temperatures. Of couirse your garage needs to be reasonably well sealed against the elements, no machine can dehumidify the whole planet!

Reaction score
Hi

My advice is to try the advice the last person offered you.

The permabag controls humidity and maintains the perfect condition for storage at the minimum cost, I am biased as I do business with Permabag and supply its products but the diadvantages with a dehumidifyer are the ongoing costs and it is difficult to maintain a constant humidity in a garage for example. Carcoons can be good but they have more disadvantages in my opinion than the permabag, not least the size and need for power.

There are other advantages and some disadvantages that I would be happy to discuss, unless you have already bought you Permabag.

The prices are due to go up in June03 so whoever you buy it from do it in whats left of May

cheers

Neil

AutomacGB@aol.com

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom