wiper problem in SL 320 1999

hemalparikh

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 1999 SL320 which i realy enjoy.
For last few months, on and off problem with wiper system specially when it is raining!
it will not work and at the same time, the indicator goes funny and only shows left signal. yesterday, the electric mirrors which were folded when parked, i could not reopen them fully. also music system aslo stops working when this happnes. It is intermittent problem.
Please advise.
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would suggest that you pull out the multi function N10 relay and spray some none drying switch cleaner on all the pins. If this does not solve it the other known problem on a 1999 129 is the ignition switch failing

You could check this by turning on the radio,, if it crackles or goes off when the wipers are on then possibly more the switch

It could be a dry joint inside the N10 relay

OP
H

hemalparikh

Reaction score
I would suggest that you pull out the multi function N10 relay and spray some none drying switch cleaner on all the pins. If this does not solve it the other known problem on a 1999 129 is the ignition switch failing

You could check this by turning on the radio,, if it crackles or goes off when the wipers are on then possibly more the switch

It could be a dry joint inside the N10 relay

Thank for suggestion. I do not know how to pull out N10 relay so i will take to garage. To inquire for parts, should i ask ignitian switch for 1999 SL? any idea how much it can be?
Thanks

OP
H

hemalparikh

Reaction score
Thank for suggestion. I do not know how to pull out N10 relay so i will take to garage. To inquire for parts, should i ask ignition switch for 1999 SL? any idea how much it can be?
Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It has to be worked out if relay or switch, a competent man should know where to check for the missing voltage when things stop.

We had one a while back where the N10 had been getting so hot the sockets in the fusebox were melted.

In about 1997 the wiring was changed passing more current through the switch, rather than the fusebox

OP
H

hemalparikh

Reaction score
Thank you. I will take to garage tomorrow

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom