Wireless CarPlay

Yew Tang

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class / 2014/ /B180
Hi,

I just purchased a 2017 CLA mercedes for my wife - she is very happy with except for 1 thing - she hates the sat nav on the merc, as its never accurate - i keep telling her to use the WAZE or google map as the car has carplay. But typically, she cant be bothered to look for the phone to plug it in.

I came across a wireless carplay converter which you plug into the car and it makes automatically detects the phone and connect carplay to your screen. I think its great and now shes happy. And so am i! I never knew such thing existed until someone introduced it to me. I thought i introduce it it to any others which suffers the same issue.

Link of device below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Ca...Mercedes-Audi-Porsche-And-Volvos/114010569397

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome,

In what way is the Sat Nav inaccurate?

OP
Y

Yew Tang

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class / 2014/ /B180
apparently its not providing correct traffic jams. shes always blaming the sat nav on traffic information. Maybe i should look to update the maps.

OP
Y

Yew Tang

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class / 2014/ /B180
anyway, its been a month with the car and i paid extra money to get the carplay installed at Mercedes to prevent her using the phone so wanted to make most of it and i thought its was a great little device brought. I have a porsche and it works on my car too, which i also use so wanted to share it with others.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi,

I just purchased a 2017 CLA mercedes for my wife - she is very happy with except for 1 thing - she hates the sat nav on the merc, as its never accurate - i keep telling her to use the WAZE or google map as the car has carplay. But typically, she cant be bothered to look for the phone to plug it in.

I came across a wireless carplay converter which you plug into the car and it makes automatically detects the phone and connect carplay to your screen. I think its great and now shes happy. And so am i! I never knew such thing existed until someone introduced it to me. I thought i introduce it it to any others which suffers the same issue.

Link of device below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Ca...Mercedes-Audi-Porsche-And-Volvos/114010569397
Interesting piece of kit. I assume you have no commercial link to the Ebay seller?

For anyone considering a purchase, search “Carlinkit” on EBay as there are much cheaper prices available.

OP
Y

Yew Tang

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B class / 2014/ /B180
Hi, yes - there is many at 1/2 the price - however - i have purchased and tried from 2 sellers and they did not work - some as cheap as £40.00, so i had to send back. This one worked, and just wanted to let some people know and share. No commercial gain - just wanted to share this experience.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom